Skip to main content

Eugene Springfield Event Photographer: Raelee in ONE-derland, 1st Birthday party

Raelee turned ONE on July 2nd, but with the Fourth of July holiday in there, we waited until this past weekend to have her party.  I decided on an Alice in Wonderland theme a while ago and loved the play on words for "Raelee in ONE-derland" and with the help of Pinterest and some creative thought, I put this party together.  Of course with help from my husband, a good friend, my dad and my stepmom :)  I am part of our local MOMs Club and every year we have a family picnic.  Last year our President chose the picnic shelters in Lively Park behind SPLASH! in Springfield.  I saw them and fell in love!  Well, as much as you can fall in love with picnic shelters :)  They are super tall with lovely curves and lines.  They are CLEAN!  Which is rare for a picnic shelter at a public park.  There are huge gas grills, hot plates, sinks with running hot/cold water, power, tons of nice picnic tables, high tables for food and a very nice park.  

When setting up a crazy thunder, lighting, wind and rain storm kicked up!  My backdrop for my photo booth was about to fly away and some of the stuff on the tables did!  And then it died down and out came the sun!  It was pretty wild :)  But glad it was nice for the actual party.

Enjoy!


Fun water bottle labels by Scraps to Remember (digital download)

Love these simple cupcake toppers by naissance on Etsy 
Paper straws from Target :)  Iced tea and lemonade 






I knew there wasn't many places to hang banners at the picnic shelter, so I made a board with Raelee's monthly pictures instead. 

Favor tags by Scraps to Remember.  Favor bags and Seed Paper teapots inside by Plantables & Paper.

I made her smash cake--first attempt with fondant/gumpaste.  I couldn't get the spout and handle right, so I ended up just making  them out of cardboard :)

Banner by Scraps to Remember 

Centerpiece paper decoration and confetti by  Scraps to Remember.  I bought the teapots at Target (though I think they are watering cans) and bought the flowers at the Dollar Store and added googly eyes from the craft store. 




Arrow signs by  Scraps to Remember 
Backdrop by Butterfly Backdrops.  Photo booth props by  Scraps to Remember.

She loved her cake :) 
Bought a few large beach balls from Amazon.com for the kids to play with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...