Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Happy Birthday Nikalina!



I hope you’ll all join me in wishing a very happy birthday to Nikalina—who just turned one year old!

eugene oregon baby photographer


Nikalina’s mom, Linnea, brought this little cutie into the studio last month for her one year milestone pictures, including a first birthday cake smash. I can’t believe it’s already been six months since I last photographed Nikalina and her family. Time flies. Nikalina’s parents purchased a one year baby plan for her, but then moved to Bend since I last saw them, so I was really glad they were able to make the trip for this last baby photography session. It’s a drive of almost three hours, but we got some great pictures that I’m sure made it worth the trip. 

It was so much fun to photograph Nikalina. This little girl is so precious with her blonde hair, blue eyes, and rosy round cheeks—not to mention that irresistible smile! I just love the toothy grin of babies this age, and Nikalina’s smile spreads all over her face! She’s such a happy baby. 

We decided to go all girl as far as the color scheme on this baby photography session. Lots and lots of pink, with a splash of white and sparkly gold. We also mixed it up with a couple of black and white photos as well as a few with a much darker background. It kept our photo collage from becoming a pink explosion! Plus I think Nikalina’s fair features really stand out and almost make her glow against the dark wood.

eugene oregon baby photographer

We presented Nikalina with her birthday cake after I had taken the other photos—we wanted to keep her in her pretty one-year t-shirt for all the pictures, and the other shots just wouldn’t have looked as nice with pink icing all over her outfit! (Speaking of outfits, can I just mention that babies in blue jeans are one of the best things ever?) Nikalina was super good and had fun with the entire session, but I think she especially loved the cake smash portion of our photo shoot. She genuinely seemed to enjoy digging into her treat and spreading a lovely layer of frosting around her lips…and across her cheeks…and down her chin! No worries, Nikalina. You make frosting look good! (Isn’t there some beauty company called Icing? I think this girl should be their poster child!)

I’m so glad Nikalina and her family made it over from Bend for their last session. It was a pleasure to have them in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon. I probably won’t have the chance to photograph this sweetheart again since they’ve moved out of the area, but I’m delighted that I was able to be her baby photographer for the first year of her life. Whichever photographer gets her next is going to be very lucky! This is such a wonderful family and I hope all goes well for them as they settle into their new hometown and continue all the fun of life together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.