Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Mia



I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve done a maternity photography session, so I’m glad I get to share these photos with you. They turned out so well! I had a beautiful subject, an amazing location, and even cooperative weather. I hope you enjoy the vibrant colors of these photos—as well as a glimpse of sunshine. With all the foggy weather we’ve been having I think we all need to be reminded that the sun is still out there somewhere!

eugene oregon maternity photographer


Mia and Brent met me near the Cuthbert on the edge of Alton Baker park on a beautiful evening in early November for this session. We were keeping our fingers crossed for no rain, and were so lucky to get an evening that wasn’t just dry, but sunny! It was great to have such beautiful sunshine—even though it was still pretty chilly. The sun gave a gorgeous glow to the pictures and highlighted all the lovely fall colors of the trees and leaves. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

The abundance of leaves was actually one of the reasons we chose this location. Mia wanted lots of autumn leaves to tie in with the stunning burgundy gown and flowered headdress she brought for our photos, and it worked out wonderfully. The many trees are one of my favorite things about Oregon, and the fall foliage was the perfect backdrop for the deep burgundy color of Mia’s dress. I’ve learned to see the beauty in Eugene scenery even when it’s raining, but sunshine is an added bonus. Even though the sun was a bit cold on this particular evening, it lit the scenery beautifully and made our maternity photography session extra special. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Mia also brought a more casual dress with boots and a purple scarf to mix up the feel of the pictures a little. One dress is super cute while the other is very elegant, but the solid, striking colors and long lines make the formal and casual outfits work well together despite their differences, and I like the sense of variety they added to our maternity photography session. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Bridges and water are great elements in almost any type of photography shoot, and we were lucky to have both at this location. I feel like the bridge adds an almost fairytale characteristic to the photo below. Although we didn’t use water as a main element in this session, we included it as part of the background in about half of our photos, and it’s such a pretty, soothing touch.

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Mia and Brent are so excited to welcome their new little one into the world, and I’m excited for them! It’s always a special time filled with immense anticipation when you’re preparing to add a new member of the family—especially when it’s your first child—and I love being a maternity photographer and helping new parents-to-be share and record that excitement through photographs. I had fun getting to know this wonderful couple and spending the evening with them. I hope they had as much fun as I did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...