Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Austin!


Josh and Dana brought their adorable son, Austin, in to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon about a month ago for his newborn photography session. Josh (Cooley) was our realtor when my husband and I sold our last home a couple of years ago (a great decision, as our new property had enough room for me to finally open my very own studio), and Josh told me back then that when his wife got pregnant they would for sure be booking with me. I’ve been looking forward to it for a while now and was so excited when they contacted me!

eugene oregon newborn photographer


It was great to meet Dana for the first time and to see Josh again, but the highlight, of course, was meeting their brand new baby boy! Austin was such a cutie and has a lot of his dad’s features. He was such a good little guy for me, and great about being photographed. 

eugene oregon newborn photographer

With it being so close to Easter when we did this session, we thought it would be cute to give a nod to the season with a floppy-eared bunny hat and colorful Easter egg. Austin made the cutest Easter bunny ever, and that egg looks almost as big as he does!

eugene oregon newborn photographer

Josh loves airplanes, so we had to include my wooden airplane setup, complete with pilot’s hat and goggles, during Austin’s newborn photography session. We made sure his flight was nice and cozy, with plenty of cushions and blankets, and if the picture is anything to go on, I think we were successful in making his first flight a good experience. 

eugene oregon newborn photographer

We went with mostly grays, blues, and browns for this session, and although we used a couple of props we didn’t get carried away because we really wanted Austin to steal the show. And he totally did! He has such a handsome little face and looks so contented in all of his photos. Such a sweet, sleepy boy!

eugene oregon newborn photographer

The family photos turned out really well too. I love the pictures of Austin with his mom and dad, and decided to put them together in a collage. I balanced it out by using some closeup shots of Austin’s precious baby toes and fingers and his irresistible mouth. They are all so soft and tiny and perfect!

eugene oregon newborn photographer

I’m so glad to be a Eugene, Oregon photographer and have so many opportunities to get to know great families like this one. Josh is so friendly and personable, and Dana is absolutely lovely. I’m glad I finally got the chance to meet her! I remember it was a pleasure to work with Josh when my husband and I were his clients, and it was just as great to work with him and his family now that the positions were reversed. I wish Josh and Dana tons of happiness and success as they start the amazing adventure of parenthood together. I’m so happy for them, and happy for Austin to have been lucky enough to get such an amazing family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...