Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: McKenzie is ONE!


I had so much fun with McKenzie and her parents during this one year mini milestone session! Her mom and dad, Ryan and Brittany, brought her in to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon near the middle of last month to record the big one year mark. I photographed little miss McKenzie when she was a newborn, (you can check out the pictures from her newborn session here if you want to see how much she’s changed) so it was wonderful to see her again and see how she’s getting along. This little sweetie was a preemie, born nine weeks ahead of schedule, so it was great to see how well she’s doing a year later and how much she’s grown! Despite her early start in the world, she has caught up in size with a typical one year old, and you would never know she had to spend the first part of her life in the NICU. 

eugene oregon baby photographer


McKenzie is absolutely adorable! She has her mama’s soft blonde hair and blue eyes, but I can definitely see her dad in her too. She was such a happy little gal during our baby photography session, loved showing off her crawling skills, and gave me some fantastic expressions! Doesn’t she have the cutest smile? She really seemed to enjoy adventuring around the studio and being in the limelight while I took pictures. She was a natural in front of the camera when she was an infant, and it doesn’t look like that’s changed!

Since this was a mini baby photography session we only used a couple of props: my little white rocking chair and miniature tepee. We used purple for McKenzie’s newborn session last year, partly because it’s one of the colors that represents premature babies, but also because her mom, Brittany really likes it, so I wasn’t at all surprised by her choice of backdrop. We used my purple and teal floral backdrop, which is a great choice for either spring or summer, and ended up looking really good with McKenzie’s skin tone and hair. It also worked perfectly with the dress Brittany had bought for her daughter’s one year photo shoot. McKenzie looks so cute with those layers of puffy purple around her chubby little legs, and I love the lacy white top of the dress as well.

eugene oregon baby photographer

It was great to have this family in my studio again. Being a Eugene, Oregon photographer gives me so many opportunities to meet and get to know new people, but I especially loved seeing Ryan and Brittany because they are friends of my sister and her husband. I met them when it was just the two of them, before any little ones had arrived on the scene. I know it was an uphill struggle for them to have a child, and I remember being so excited for them when I heard they were expecting. Seeing them and their daughter together as a happy, thriving family a year down the line was good for my soul!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.