Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Declan!


Isn’t Declan a sweetheart? His parents, Alexis and Robert, brought him in to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon last month for baby pictures, and I loved getting to meet him! He is such a handsome fella and was a great little sleeper and a wonderful sport for me. We got so many beautiful pictures!

eugene oregon newborn photographer


Declan was a breech baby who decided a nontraditional approach to the world would be best, so his mama ended up having to have a c-section for delivery. Thank goodness for modern medical techniques that make complications like this a bit less scary. Fortunately everything went well, and the fact that he was breech did actually help Declan to really curl into some of the positions I posed him in a lot more than most babies, which I thought was super cute! He would roll himself into a tight little ball and snuggle down to sleep while I stood back and captured the adorableness! 

eugene oregon newborn photographer

We decided to try a very muted, gray and blue color scheme for Declan’s newborn photography session. I love the shade of blue that his mom and dad chose. It went great with the gray and just made for a really subtle change from a more traditional baby blue or navy.

eugene oregon newborn photographer

My hot air balloon prop was a perfect fit for our color scheme, so we used that as well as a couple of hats from my collection, and Robert and Alexis are really into baseball, so they brought along a baseball mitt to include as a prop in some of our pictures as well. Declan is such a little guy that he fit quite cozily into the mitt while his daddy held him. My experience as a parent myself and my job as a Eugene, Oregon photographer have taught me that babies grow up so fast though—I know his mom and dad will be amazed at how soon Declan is ready to hold a bat and play baseball himself! They are going to create so many fun memories together. 

eugene oregon newborn photographer

My full newborn photography sessions always include pictures of baby with mom and dad if they want it, and we got some great shots of Alexis and Robert with their son. They turned out great! Declan’s parents are just in love with him and it’s so sweet to watch them together. All babies are precious, and there’s something frankly miraculous about that first child. It was wonderful for me to see Alexis and Robert experience that magic and to be able to capture it for them to look back on in the years ahead. What a special time for both of them!

eugene oregon newborn photographer

I loved being the newborn photographer for this cute baby boy! Declan is just perfect, from his dark fuzz of hair to his tiny, perfectly formed toes, and was so good for me throughout the entire session. It was a pleasure to have him and his parents in the studio and I enjoyed getting to know each of them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...