Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon family and baby and child photographer: Christmas Minis 2018


I had so much fun doing this year’s Christmas mini photography sessions! This has become an annual tradition for me as a Eugene, Oregon photographer, and although it makes for a long and exhausting day, it is well worth it. Since many of my clients for Christmas minis participate in these holiday-themed family photography sessions every year, I try to switch things up each holiday season so we have different sets and themes to work with. I’ve done outdoor sessions in the past, but have been doing more and more in-studio Christmas photography over the past couple of years. It’s so much easier when you don’t have to plan around rainy Oregon weather!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer


I held these sessions at my Eugene, Oregon photography studio in early November this year. I like to do holiday photos well in advance so I can get all the editing done in time for clients to use their pictures for Christmas cards and newsletters. It also makes it easier to schedule with families. December is everybody’s busy season, and I don’t want to compete with holiday parties or family get-togethers. And of course, I have to take Santa’s schedule into account! (The Santa I work with is also the mall Santa at Valley River Center, so he gets very busy as the 25th approaches.)

eugene oregon family photographer

Santa was able to come to the studio for the first half of the day so we could get pictures of the kiddos with him. This is the third year that this particular Santa Claus and I have worked together and he never disappoints! He is often the highlight of my Christmas minis. The kids and parents just love him, and it’s so cute to watch the little ones interact with Santa Claus. He really does do such a great job. He’s a natural with the kids, giving each child personal attention so they feel special. I feel lucky to have him join me for some Christmas baby and child photography each year. 

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

The second half of the day was without Santa—just me, my clients, and the backdrops and props I had put together for this December’s Christmas minis. I had my bed set up with festive blankets and greenery as usual, which is popular for family shots, and a simple backdrop of rings decorated in holiday florals. This year my sets for the kids also included a candy cane stand. It turned out so cute! The kids loved it, and I was really happy with the results. I loved the cute outfits all the kids were dressed up in—plaid skirts, pretty red and white dresses, green suspenders. Adorable!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

All of these were return clients, and it was wonderful to see all the families again. I’ve had such a great time with each of them over the years, making and recording memories as I’ve photographed their growing families. It was a pleasure to share time with them again near the end of the year as we prepared for the festivities of the Christmas season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.