Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon child photographer: Harbor is FOUR!


I can’t believe my sweet niece Harbor is four years old already! Time is going way too fast. Having photographed her since she was a newborn I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that she isn’t a baby anymore—or even a toddler! She is getting to be such a big girl and is absolutely gorgeous. I loved celebrating her fourth birthday with a photo session at my studio just a few days before Christmas. 

eugene oregon child photographer


Harbor’s mom (my sister) had the idea of using a big four balloon and glitter for Harbor’s birthday photography session. I have steered clear of glitter for a while now. I tried a glitter session with my oldest daughter once before I opened my business and…well, I won’t go into details, but let’s just say it was a fail! But, with six years of experience photographing littles under my belt, and feeling much more confident in my profession as a Eugene, Oregon photographer, I was willing to give glitter another try. I have to say, it actually went really well! Kids don’t necessarily like getting glitter on them—especially their face and hair, so Harbor’s dad had to be careful how he tossed it. He did a great job as my glitter-throwing assistant!

eugene oregon child photographer

We wanted to keep things simple as far as color during this child photography session—particularly since glitter is very eye-catching and can be visually overwhelming if it’s combined with a lot of bright colors. Harbor wore a crown and white princess dress with beautiful gold stars and sequins while we played with glitter. I love the way these shots turned out and how the glitter catches the light!

eugene oregon child photographer

For our shots with her special birthday balloon, Harbor wore a simple pink dress to match the balloon, and I used some simple greenery in the background for visual interest. The four balloon was almost as big as Harbor, (so cool!) and she loved showing it off for me!

eugene oregon child photographer

I know I probably say this too much—but don’t you think Harbor is such a pretty girl? (I’m sorry, as her aunt, I just can’t help myself.) Her big brown eyes and long hair are just beautiful, and she has the best smile! She’s had a lot of practice being photographed, and is very comfortable being my little model! I’ve had her in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio at least annually since she was born (and usually a lot more frequently than that!) 

eugene oregon child photographer

I always have such a lot of fun taking pictures of my adorable niece, and I was so glad of the chance to get her in the studio again. Every time her birthday rolls around it’s like I get my own special present by having some time to photograph her! I am loving watching her grow up (even though it’s going too quickly) and feel so blessed to be able to record these milestones in her life. Her parents and I love the way these photos turned out—and we love Harbor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...