Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 5 months with Harrison!


Here he is: my favorite nephew—already five months old! Seems like yesterday I was doing his newborn photos. I was happy to have an excuse to go and see him again!

eugene oregon baby photographer


My girls and I made the trip up to Westport, Washington earlier this month for Harrison’s baby photography session. It was a great trip! As a Eugene, Oregon photographer, I don’t often travel that far to do baby pictures, but I’ll make an exception for family. Lea, Nick, and Harrison are the only family I have up there, but my other two sisters made the trip that weekend as well so all four sisters and all four cousins could be together for a couple of days. What a lot of fun!

You may remember from Lea’s maternity session that Westport is on the Washington coast, so we took time out from pictures to enjoy the beach. It was a little chilly, but we bundled up and had a fantastic time. We ate lots of yummy seafood, saw the new house that Lea and Nick are purchasing, and even went clam digging!

eugene oregon baby photographer

Most of our baby photos were taken at Westport Winery. They have the most beautiful sunroom and gardens there—it’s a gorgeous place to shoot. I had never visited there before so it was fun to do some exploring and discover a new locale. My girls loved it too—neither of them wanted to leave!

We also did some of our baby photography session at home in Harrison’s living room. I had brought a couple of props from my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon so we could set up a makeshift studio at Lea and Nick’s. Since they are moving soon we wanted to document a little bit of the house Harrison was brought home to right after birth. 

eugene oregon baby photographer

Harrison is getting so big, and is really close to sitting up all by himself. He’s not quite there yet, but he did great being propped up. He still has the amazing hair he did as a newborn! (If you didn’t see those pictures, be sure to check them out here.)

I wasn’t sure how cooperative this little guy would be about his auntie going into baby photographer mode. Lea and Nick tell me that the minute they pull out their phones for pictures, Harrison completely stops giggling and smiling. He loved my big ol’ camera though, and just laughed and smiled every time I played peek-a-book with him. Too cute! It was easy to get lots of great images, and we had a blast doing it. 

eugene oregon baby photographer

What a fun weekend hanging out with family, enjoying the coast, and taking photos of the cutest little boy in the whole world! Although I don’t get up to Washington nearly often enough, I love every opportunity to be with family and play with my sweet nephew. It’s extra special to be able to use my skills as a professional photographer to record special times in the lives of the people I love best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...