Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby and child photographer: Merida is ONE!


Merida came to the studio with her parents Ashley and Erik for a one-year birthday cake smash. I photographed this little one as a newborn so it was wonderful to have her back for another baby photography session.

eugene oregon cake smash photographer


Ashley and Erik are big dinosaur fans, and in fact, Merida’s nursery is decorated in a dinosaur theme. I remember they told me about it when they brought Merida in as an infant, and I thought it was such a fun idea—and so unique for a girl! We decided to make dinosaurs the main theme of this milestone photography session. I contacted my baker at Soft Peaks Cakery to see if she could come up with some kind of cake-asaurus, and I love how it turned out!

Cake smashes are a super popular option for baby birthday pictures, so I learned early in my career as a Eugene, Oregon photographer that I needed an amazing cake baker and decorator. I got so lucky in finding Shelly! She’s always so creative and has never failed to decorate a cake perfectly for whatever theme I’m going for. If you’re interested in doing a cake smash for your little one, please get in touch with me! I offer cake smashes as stand-alone mini sessions, or as an add-on to a full baby and child milestone session. You can read more about options and pricing for this type of photo shoot here.

eugene oregon baby photographer

Merida loved her cake and gave me some of the best expressions as she ate it. She was very generous in offering all of us fistfuls of smashed cake and frosting—but we decided to pass. I also found out that when you ask her, “What sound does a dinosaur make?” she responds by doing her best roar. Too cute! I asked her that question several times during the cake smash so I could try to capture some of her dinosaur impressions in our photos.

Merida brought lots of her stuffed dinosaur toys to join us for pictures, and Ashley brought in an awesome dinosaur banner. She also had the cutest one-asaurus outfit for her to wear during the cake smash photography portion of our session.

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

Before our cake smash, we also did some one-year baby photography without all the sticky stuff. Mom and Dad chose an adventure theme for this part of our session, using my hot air balloon and carousel horse props. Merida was fascinated by the hot air balloon. I got some super cute shots of her looking up into the balloon above her head.

It was wonderful to have Merida and her parents in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio a second time. They are a super sweet family and Merida is such a happy, fun-loving little girl. She was one of the easiest babies I had ever photographed as a newborn, and she turned out to be just as much of a pleasure to work with a year later. Happy birthday to Merida, and best wishes to her and her family!

eugene oregon baby and family photographer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.