Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Bowen!


Brandi Jo and Nathan brought their three children to the studio last month for a newborn photography session for the newest addition to the family. Baby Bowen is too cute!

eugene oregon newborn photographer


This family made the drive from their home in Florence to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon. My studio is only about an hour’s drive from the coast, so I have several clients who live in that area and make a quick jaunt inland for photos. Being so centrally located between the ocean and the mountains is one of the great things about Eugene. It’s so nice to have such beautiful places within easy driving distance. As a photographer I love having access to a variety of outdoor settings for shoots, and as a mom it’s great for day trips with the family.

Eugene Oregon studio newborn photography

Bowen was an adorable little sleeper. He loved being swaddled, but was very cooperative about other poses too. We kept him swaddled for our sibling and family shots, but tried several different, hats, outfits, and poses during the newborn portraiture part of our session. Bowen was totally content to sleep—which is exactly what a newborn photographer wants baby to do!

eugene oregon newborn photography

Big brother and sister (Beck and Maesa Jo) are totally smitten with their new baby brother. Big sister in particular was more than happy to snuggle and kiss him while I did sibling pictures. We used the bed I keep in my studio for that part of our newborn photography session. I use that pretty frequently for newborn and sibling photos, since it’s the perfect size for multiple kiddos to sit or lay on without feeling crowded, and gives an intimate, homelike feel to studio photos. I’ve invested in a few pieces of furniture exclusively for my Eugene studio for exactly that reason.

Eugene Oregon newborn and family photographer

I want my studio to be a really comfortable place for families, so aside from the furniture used in shoots I provide plenty of other amenities to help parents and kiddos enjoy their time with me. There are snacks on hand for the little ones and coffee for parents who could use a caffeine boost. Believe me, I know how that goes! Toys and satellite TV keep older siblings occupied while their new baby brother or sister has pictures taken. And of course, for the session itself I have a wide variety of props, swaddles, outfits and accessories to suit the needs of every client.

Eugene Oregon professional newborn photographer

It was so fun to spend a couple of hours with this sweet family. I love my work as a Eugene, Oregon photographer, and getting to know so many great people is one of the many reasons for that. If you’re interested in booking your own session or have any questions about how my services work, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can find pricing information here. And if you’re still exploring, be sure to check out my portfolio so you can get a better sense of my style. I hope to see you in the studio!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...