Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Matthew!


So, you’d never know it to look at him, but little Matthew was ten weeks old at this newborn photography session! Normally I photograph new babies sometime during their first two weeks of life. They’re still very sleepy at that stage, very flexible and easy to pose, and small enough to fit in all of my props and outfits. In this case though, Matthew decided to arrive a full ten weeks before we were expecting him. I guess he wanted to get the jump on us!

eugene oregon newborn photographer, sleeping baby boy in white swaddle against blue background


Because he was so early, I wasn’t sure if Mom and Dad would still want to do newborn photos. Having a baby is a joyful experience, but also exhausting and stressful—especially when you have the additional worry of a little one arriving well before they’re supposed to. I would totally have understood if they had decided to forego coming out to my Eugene, Oregon photography studio, but I’m so glad they didn’t! Now they’ll have professional photos of their sweet boy for years to come.

I actually ended up photographing Matthew on his original due date, which was fun. It’s amazing how well he’s doing! Since he was so early, he definitely had some catching up to do as far as growth, but by the time I saw him in the studio he was just about the size I’d expect for a newborn. Way to go, Matthew!

eugene oregon newborn photographer, studio photo collage of baby boy

This was a full newborn photography session, but Matthew’s parents (Jennifer and Andres) opted out of doing any parent images. They wanted to focus exclusively on the little star of the show. Matthew is such a cutie, with so much dark hair and the sweetest little face. I love those eyelashes!

We kept our color scheme very minimal—lots of white, with a splash of baby blue. The colors actually remind me a bit of a winter wonderland, even though we took these baby pictures near the end of June. I really love the soft tints. They worked so well with Matthew’s skin and hair color.

eugene oregon newborn photography, baby in fawn hat asleep in white bucket

I wasn’t sure what to expect as far as Matthew’s level of sleepiness. By ten weeks old, most babies are not going to want to snooze through a newborn photography session, but sometimes preemies stay really sleepy for a few weeks after birth. That was the case with Matthew. He did a fantastic job for me and we were able to get all the shots we wanted.

I loved being the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this sweet family, and I’m so glad it worked out the way it did. Matthew is a healthy, happy little guy, and an absolute sweetheart. I know Jennifer and Andres are glad they made the investment in professional baby photographs, and they’ll be even more so years down the line as Matthew grows up. Those new baby days fly by so fast! As a newborn photographer, it’s an honor for me to help parents capture that amazing stage of their little one’s life forever.

eugene oregon newborn photographer, sleeping newborn boy in white

If you’re interested in a newborn photo session, please contact me. I can’t wait to hear from you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.