Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Benjamin!


Becka brought in her almost 4-week-old son Benjamin for some photos last month. Becka and I were in MOMs Club of Eugene together when our oldest daughters were just babies. That was about seven and a half years ago now—hard to believe! It was so great to see her again. I was thrilled when she reached out to me about doing a newborn photography session for the latest addition to her family.

eugene oregon newborn photographer


Becka contacted me when Benjamin was about 3 weeks old. Although I usually do newborn sessions when babies are between 1 and 2 weeks old, I would never turn a little one away just because they are older. I knew most of my newborn outfits probably wouldn’t fit Benjamin anymore, and that he wouldn’t be quite as curly and easy to pose as a baby under 2 weeks, but I also knew that we would still get some great photos, so I was happy to work Benjamin into my schedule.  

Since this was a bit of a last-minute booking, we unfortunately weren’t able to get dad and big sister into my Eugene, Oregon photography studio with mom and baby. With school and work it wasn’t possible to get their schedules rearranged on such short notice. I was sad that I wouldn’t get to see them this time, but happy to get such wonderful photos of Benjamin. Since the rest of the family wasn’t able to make it, Becka decided not to get any mother-son pictures, but just to focus the whole session on baby.

Even though he was older, Benjamin still slept really well for me and did an awesome job letting me pose him. I did have a few outfits that would still fit him, and of course, limited clothing options meant it was the perfect opportunity for swaddles, hats, and naked baby photos. Doesn’t he look too cute in that little fedora?

eugene oregon newborn photography

eugene oregon studio newborn photography


Becka chose a gray and navy blue color scheme for her little guy’s newborn photography session. We also threw in some cream and white to give contrast and variety. It was a very easy color scheme to work with, and since it tends to be a popular option for baby boys I had plenty of props, backgrounds, and accessories that worked perfectly for it.

So happy I had the opportunity to reconnect with Becka and to meet little Benjamin. I always love using my skills as a Eugene, Oregon photographer to benefit family and friends. We had a great session and I hope that at some point I’ll be able to see the whole family in the studio!

newborn photographer near me Eugene Oregon

If you’re interested in booking a photo session, please get in touch! I specialize in newborn photography, and I also offer family, maternity, and baby and child sessions at my studio or in various outdoor locations throughout the Eugene/Springfield area. I am passionate about what I do and would love to help you and your family capture precious memories together. Can’t wait to work with you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanna Chess Photography 1,000 Fan Giveaway!

I'm so thankful to all my clients and fans!  I reached 1,000 fans on October 1st!!  I can't believe it :)  Just after my 2nd year anniversary of being in business.  You guys are awesome! So as a thank you, I am doing a HUGE giveaway!  Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this so great!  See below for details and make sure to enter!  I know some of my fans are not local--many of you are other photographers or vendors that I've purchased from, so for those of you who are greater than 60 miles away from 97404 and do not want to travel to Eugene for a photo session with me, I will give the option of a $50 Etsy gift card :)  Have fun and good luck!!  And please make sure to click on Terms and Conditions towards the bottom of the entry form to read all the rules.  And let me know if you have any questions! Here is what you can win!  ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED.  IF THE DRAWN WINNER HAS NOT COMPLETED ALL STEPS, I WI...

Eugene and Springfield, Oregon Newborn Photographer: Welcome Bennett

Sweet little Bennett is so lucky to have such a great family.  His big brother is absolutely adorable and his parents are just so nice :)  I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them!  Bennett is an alert little guy!  He wants to be awake and look at my light and take everything in around him :)  Reminds me of my older daughter.  Enjoy!

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Emmett!

This little guy was so precious! Sarah and Brian brought in their new cutie Emmett for newborn photos back in November. (I’m actually having a hard time believing we’re already through the first quarter of 2022! Is that just me?) He was a total sweetheart! Parents are always welcome to bring special items from home. In this case, mom and dad brought a colorful quilt that a family member had made. Even though our session took place in the fall, the quilt’s bright colors reminded me of spring! It also gave us a beautiful splash of color, since most of our photos were with all-white backgrounds. A blue beanbag and heart from my studio collection of props matched the quilt perfectly. Since this newborn photography session took place just a month before Christmas, mom and dad requested a holiday setup. This is always a fun option if your session takes place shortly before a major holiday like Christmas or Easter. It’s generally easy to work in just a single holiday-themed setup, and these k...