Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Benjamin!


Becka brought in her almost 4-week-old son Benjamin for some photos last month. Becka and I were in MOMs Club of Eugene together when our oldest daughters were just babies. That was about seven and a half years ago now—hard to believe! It was so great to see her again. I was thrilled when she reached out to me about doing a newborn photography session for the latest addition to her family.

eugene oregon newborn photographer


Becka contacted me when Benjamin was about 3 weeks old. Although I usually do newborn sessions when babies are between 1 and 2 weeks old, I would never turn a little one away just because they are older. I knew most of my newborn outfits probably wouldn’t fit Benjamin anymore, and that he wouldn’t be quite as curly and easy to pose as a baby under 2 weeks, but I also knew that we would still get some great photos, so I was happy to work Benjamin into my schedule.  

Since this was a bit of a last-minute booking, we unfortunately weren’t able to get dad and big sister into my Eugene, Oregon photography studio with mom and baby. With school and work it wasn’t possible to get their schedules rearranged on such short notice. I was sad that I wouldn’t get to see them this time, but happy to get such wonderful photos of Benjamin. Since the rest of the family wasn’t able to make it, Becka decided not to get any mother-son pictures, but just to focus the whole session on baby.

Even though he was older, Benjamin still slept really well for me and did an awesome job letting me pose him. I did have a few outfits that would still fit him, and of course, limited clothing options meant it was the perfect opportunity for swaddles, hats, and naked baby photos. Doesn’t he look too cute in that little fedora?

eugene oregon newborn photography

eugene oregon studio newborn photography


Becka chose a gray and navy blue color scheme for her little guy’s newborn photography session. We also threw in some cream and white to give contrast and variety. It was a very easy color scheme to work with, and since it tends to be a popular option for baby boys I had plenty of props, backgrounds, and accessories that worked perfectly for it.

So happy I had the opportunity to reconnect with Becka and to meet little Benjamin. I always love using my skills as a Eugene, Oregon photographer to benefit family and friends. We had a great session and I hope that at some point I’ll be able to see the whole family in the studio!

newborn photographer near me Eugene Oregon

If you’re interested in booking a photo session, please get in touch! I specialize in newborn photography, and I also offer family, maternity, and baby and child sessions at my studio or in various outdoor locations throughout the Eugene/Springfield area. I am passionate about what I do and would love to help you and your family capture precious memories together. Can’t wait to work with you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.