Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Leo!

 Had so much fun doing this newborn photography session! Jacquellynn, Dylan, and big brother Eden brought baby Leo to my studio at the beginning of February for some newborn and family pictures. I did Jacquellynn’s maternity photos back in December (be sure to check out the blog post for her session if you missed it!), so I’d been looking forward to meeting Leo for a couple of months. He did not disappoint!

Eugene Oregon newborn photographer

Leo was amazing for me! Super sleepy and didn’t make a peep the entire session. Maybe he knew he was on video and decided to be extra good. 😊 I recently started a TikTok profile (@shannachessphotography) and decided to do a video of Leo’s session so I could share a sped-up, behind-the-scenes peek at what a newborn photography session looks like. The TikTok video ended up going viral, which I was totally not expecting! Over 6 million views. Leo is a popular little guy!

Newborn photo studio Eugene Oregon

It was really fun to have Eden there. I’m used to older siblings only being two or three years old, so to have a brother there who was quite a bit older was a rare treat! He was so easygoing—just went with the flow and was so great at holding his baby brother. We were able to get some really sweet shots of the two of them together. That nose kisses one might be my favorite!

Newborn and Family Photographer Eugene OR

We also did some newborn and family portraits. I’m really glad the whole family was able to join in on this session—especially since both Dylan and Eden were involved in Jacquellynn’s maternity pictures too. Having everyone there for newborn pictures just tied it all together beautifully.

We did mostly neutrals for Leo’s photos. Of course, since his parents are Ducks fans, we had to get some shots in my baby-sized green and yellow Ducks uniform. As a Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer, I figured out pretty quickly that it was a good idea to keep some sports-themed props and outfits in the studio. Eugene is a college town and we do love our sports!

Newborn photography Eugene Oregon

Although your newborn photography session can be customized using the props in my studio, you’re also welcome to bring special items from home. You can see we did this with Leo. Incorporating your uniform is a great option if you’re a first responder or member of the armed forces. I’m sure Leo will grow into those boots someday!

Customized newborn portraits Eugene OR, baby boy with army uniform

So much fun to spend time with this amazing family. I loved seeing them again and meeting baby Leo—what a sweetheart!

Best newborn photographers Eugene/Springfield Oregon

Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m an award-winning Eugene, Oregon photographer who specializes in family, maternity, baby, and newborn photography. It’s my pleasure to help families record all the amazing ages and stages of their lives together! If you’re interested in professional photos of your little one or family, please get in touch with me. I would love to be part of your journey and create beautiful images for you to treasure.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.