Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Liam!

Can’t wait to introduce you to Liam! Mom (Loren) brought him to my Eugene, Oregon photography studio in June, along with older siblings Landon and Alivia. I photographed Alivia as a newborn too, so it was great to see her again. She’s gotten so big and I love her curly hair!

Eugene Oregon newborn photographer

Loren decided to bypass parent and family photos and do newborn and sibling pictures instead. I remember we took a similar approach when Alivia was a newborn, and we focused most of the session on her, with a few pics of her with big brother. It really is totally up to you when it comes to who should be included in your newborn photography session. For some parents, like Loren, getting those sibling pictures is really important. For others, portraits of mom or dad with baby are a priority. And others like to do exclusively newborn pictures. (And no, those aren’t all the options, in case you’re wondering! I sometimes have sessions that include parents, siblings, and grandparents—Like I said, it’s up to you who you want to participate. All of my full newborn sessions come with the option to have family members join).

Newborn and sibling photos Eugene Oregon photographer

Big brother Landon and big sis Alivia are adorable and I love photographing them with their new baby brother. We did most of our sibling and newborn pictures on the bed. This is always a really cute look. Plus it has the added benefit of being nice and roomy so multiple siblings can pile on! This is also a really good option if you have kiddos that aren’t quite old enough to hold baby safely. By swaddling baby on the bed and having siblings sit next to them, we can get great portraits that convey family togetherness while still being nice and safe. Isn’t this trio so cute?

Since all of my newborn photography sessions are customized, I leave it up to parents to choose props and outfits unless they ask for suggestions. I’m happy to provide guidance if needed, but it really is fun to design your own baby pictures! Loren really loved black for Liam, so we incorporated that color with clothing and hats, and added some dark blue as well for some color and a bit of contrast. With his super dark hair, Liam looked great in anything!

Eugene/Springfield OR newborn photographer

Absolutely loved reconnecting with this family and spending some time being their Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer again! All three kiddos did such an amazing job for me and I think our newborn and sibling photos turned out beautifully.

New baby pictures near me Eugene Oregon

Interested in booking a session? I hope you’ll get in touch with me! I’m an award-winning portrait photographer who specializes in family, maternity, baby and child, and newborn photography. Capturing the special times in my clients’ lives is one of my favorite things ever! Time goes so fast and these memories need to be captured so you can hold on them forever. I would be honored to photograph your family and help you preserve these precious moments. Can’t wait to hear from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.