Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Sonia

As a Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer with a dedicated studio space, most of my clients come to me so they can have the full studio experience. But I’m also happy to travel to you! I’ve done several outdoor maternity sessions on the beach, in the mountains, and at various parks and recreational areas. It was really fun to do this particular maternity photography session at the client’s home.

Eugene Oregon maternity photographer

Sonia booked this maternity session for the end of May, when the weather was starting to warm up a bit. She has an area of her yard closed off where she keeps her hot tub, and told me she uses it as a calming space and often goes there to meditate. She thought it would make a great location for her maternity photos and I totally agree!

Of course, one of the main things that makes somewhere a good candidate for a maternity photoshoot is the way it looks. I really liked the simple wood paneling that enclosed Sonia’s space. It made a great backdrop for photos with all the advantages of natural light as a bonus! We also decided to go for a bit of a tropical feel, given the sea blue of the hot tub. Adding a few brightly-colored flowers gave it that extra special touch and made it kind of similar to a milk bath.

Maternity photographer Oregon

Another reason I loved this location was that it was special to Sonia, so she felt comfortable and relaxed there. As a maternity photographer, I want the experience of each of my expecting mothers to be something they can enjoy in the moment, as well as giving them beautiful pictures to look back on in the future. There’s nowhere like your own home or backyard to help you feel calm and relaxed!

It was such a pleasure to spend time with Sonia in this beautiful space she’d created for herself! I love the way our photos turned out and am so excited for this gorgeous mama!

Are you getting ready to welcome a little one to the family? Congratulations! I know there are so many things on your mind as you prepare for baby’s arrival, but believe me, one of the most memorable is to invest in professional maternity photos. Pregnancy is such an amazing stage of your life, and maternity photography is a way to remember these days forever.

As an award-winning Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer, I’d be honored to help you record your pregnancy. I have lots of options and am happy to customize your session so it’s exactly what you want! Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I can’t wait to see you in the studio--or right in your own backyard!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.