Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Keolaokalani


Keolaokalani’s moms, Kathleen and Stephanie, brought their cutie in to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon at the end of last month for his six month milestone pictures. What a sweetheart he is, and so handsome! He has the perfect little round face, big brown eyes, and such a cute, inquisitive expression. We got some great photos, so enjoy!

eugene oregon baby photographer


Stephanie is Hawaiian, so a tropical theme seemed a natural choice for this baby photography session. His moms brought an adorable Aloha shirt for Keolaokalani to wear and he looked absolutely irresistible in it. It was also a great pairing with my ocean background and raft prop (which I haven’t gotten to pull out in a while, so that was extra fun.) Looks like this little guy is ready for a leisurely fishing trip around the islands! Or maybe not so leisurely—am I the only one who sees a future surfer here? 

eugene oregon baby photographer

The beach theme was such a perfect setup for a summertime photo shoot—and it made me want some vacation time on a warm, sunny island somewhere! (Not that I haven’t been warm enough lately—the heat here in Eugene the past few weeks has actually kind of been killing me and air conditioning has become my favorite companion—but it’s different when you’re in a tropical paradise, right?)

eugene oregon baby photographer

Stephanie and Kathleen also chose a colorful rainbow backdrop for some of the pictures, which turned out so cute, and we managed to tie it in with the ocean theme by using a multi-colored beach chair for Keolaokalani to sit on. As a Eugene, Oregon photographer, I try to have a prop to fit every occasion! He seemed a little unsure about what this was all about, and why he had to sit by himself in a chair while I hovered around him snapping pictures, but he was a great sport about posing for me anyway!

eugene oregon baby photographer

Since we used so many fun props and colors during much of our session, we thought it would be nice to contrast it with some simpler sets and a more neutral color scheme as well, so we devoted part of our time to some baby photography of Keolaokalani naked on my bed. We personalized it by including a beautiful white blanket that a talented family member had made for him, and some black and white Hawaiian fabrics. Like most babies, I think Keolaokalani thoroughly enjoyed getting his clothes off and rolling around on all those soft blankets!

eugene oregon baby photographer

I had such fun being the baby photographer for this little guy! His moms just love having him in their lives, and I don’t blame them one bit. He has such a sweet personality and I had to exercise strong self-restraint to stop myself from kissing him all over those chubby little cheeks. They just look they were made for it, don’t they? I really enjoyed the time I was able to spend with him and his parents and hope they have a wonderful summer together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.