Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Grace is ONE!


Sweet Grace is already a year old! Seems like yesterday I was doing her newborn pictures. There’s nothing like being a baby photographer to remind you of the march of time! Grace came to the studio last month for her one year baby photography session, which was a combination of general baby pictures and a birthday cake smash. Believe it or not, I have had this session on my calendar since before Grace was born! Her parents, Michael and Cassandra, are way more organized than I will ever be, and booked it well in advance. 

eugene oregon baby photographer


I have been photographing this family since Grace’s big brother, Jackson, was just a little guy. When Grace first arrived I remember hoping she would be a ham just like him, and it looks like my dreams came true! Grace is just pure adorableness and I loved every second of our session. She is such a happy baby and was all smiles for me. Her brother has the greatest smile (his parents nicknamed him Joyful Jackson) and it appears to be one Grace is going to share. She is still so chunky and has the same round cheeks she did when was a newborn! I love it!

eugene oregon baby photographer

I also loved the colors Cassandra chose for the birthday cake smash photography portion of our session. It was not a color combo I’ve done before—yellow, coral, and gray/silver—but it turned out great! I always enjoy experimenting with new color combinations, and I’m usually pleasantly surprised by how well they turn out. Just goes to show you it can pay off to try something bold and daring! Maybe part of the reason I like it so much is because, if we had added in aqua, this color scheme would have been the same as my daughter Raelee’s nursery colors. Made me kind of nostalgic! The other interesting thing was that the colors of the cake smash matched Grace’s nursery, so it’s good to know that Cassandra and I have such similar (and completely impeccable) taste! Our brains must run on the same wavelengths or something. 

eugene oregon baby photographer

Grace started off slow with her cake, daintily testing the yellow frosting with her finger, and we weren’t quite sure what her reaction was going to be. My photography studio in Eugene, Oregon has been the scene of many different responses to baby’s first taste of pure sugar, so I wondered how Grace would handle it, but she took it in stride. It didn’t take long for her to smear it all over her face and even see what it would feel like to squish icing between her toes, which she did with great enthusiasm. I think she liked it!

eugene oregon baby photographer

I love being the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family. They are great people and it’s such a lot of fun for me to watch their kiddos grow. I enjoyed every minute I was able to spend with Grace this time, and hope her next year of life is as fantastic as the first!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.