Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Aiden is ONE!


It has been so great photographing for Ashley and Andy over the past year and a bit. I first met them when I did Ashley’s maternity photographs shortly before they welcomed their little guy to the world, and since their sweet son Aiden arrived I’ve been able to see this family every few months: for Aiden’s newborn session, mini milestone photography sessions at three, six, and nine months, and now, a whole entire year! He is such a big boy now and a real cutie—enjoy the photos!

eugene oregon baby photographer


It has been such a lot of fun to watch Aiden’s progress as he’s grown from newborn to toddler. I was looking back through the photographs I’ve gotten of him and just loved seeing the ways he’s changed and the ways he’s stayed exactly the same since I’ve known him. Mini milestone sessions are perfect for capturing just a few images of a particular stage in baby’s life, and having regular milestone sessions like this one make it both easy and fun to mark a child’s progress and relive those days of babyhood. Aiden has always had that sweet round face and big hazel eyes. (I remember he woke up during his newborn photography session to show off those eyes for me!) He has also always been a super happy, animated baby, and curious about everything, so it’s always a pleasure to have him in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon. He was just as cheerful and inquisitive this time around, and we had a great time together. 

eugene oregon baby photographer

Aiden’s parents and I decided to stick with tradition and go with a really simple color scheme, as we have for most of Aiden’s sessions in the past. This one was almost monochromatic, with white and cream deepening to brown in a couple of our props, and it turned out great. It was clean and uncomplicated, and the use of a few carefully selected props gave us the variety we were looking for. A hat, a stool, my wooden ONE blocks, and a teddy bear—I’ve learned that it really doesn’t take much to make even a mini baby photography session cute and special, and sometimes, less really is more. 

It’s been such a joy to get to know this family through my work as a Eugene, Oregon photographer! They are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, and I feel lucky to have known them. This session was kind of bittersweet because, sadly (for me, at least) Aiden and his mom and dad are moving to California soon, so I’m not sure if I will get to see this adorable face again. But I have so enjoyed it! I hope their move goes well, and I’m sure they’ll settle in and do just great in their new home. Although I’m sad that I probably won’t get to see Aiden in the studio again, I’m happy for this next step in his family’s journey, and I will always remember Aiden with a smile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.