Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby and family photographer: Arabella is ONE!


I was so excited to see Miss Arabella again for her one-year baby photography session a few weeks ago. I photographed her as a newborn (be sure to check out some of the photos from her session here), and she was such a sweet baby. When Tanya and Don contacted me about doing some milestone photos for their family I was delighted that I would get to see them all again.

eugene oregon family photographer


Don and Tanya wanted to do an outdoor session, so we chose Hendricks Park. There were tons of flowers in bloom so it was the perfect time of year to visit. This Eugene park is one of my favorite places to shoot, and it is especially beautiful in the springtime. I have to admit, I was a little worried when the day we had picked for our session dawned cold and rainy. We weren’t scheduled to meet until the evening though, so we kept our fingers crossed and totally lucked out! It cleared up and even warmed up a bit in time for our session. Phew!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

Because we did this baby and child photography session in the evening, it was past Arabella’s bedtime. I usually do outdoor photo shoots in the evening since the light in the middle of the day tends to be too harsh, and evenings generally work well with everyone’s schedules. The downside is that little ones will sometimes get grumpy when they’re over-tired, so if toddlers are involved I come prepared to do some coaxing and cajoling. In this case I didn’t need to worry about it. Arabella was a rock star for me staying up so late, and was cheerful and smiling the whole time.

Arabella is such a cutie! I can see a lot of both mom and dad in her. That dark hair and big smile are just the best! We kept her entertained smelling the pretty flowers, toddling around the grass with mom and dad, and playing with a stuffed animal. I also brought just a couple of props from my Eugene, Oregon photography studio to add a bit of fun and whimsy to our photos.

eugene oregon baby photographer, eugene oregon family photographer

Although they wanted Arabella to be the focus of this session, Tanya and Don also wanted to include some family photography, which I was more than happy to do. They are such a sweet and beautiful family! Since all of my full sessions include family photos if desired, it makes sense for parents to get some updated pictures of the whole clan while we’re at it.

I had a great time with Arabella and her parents during this outdoor photo session, and I’m so glad the weather cooperated with us! My work as a Eugene, Oregon photographer is so rewarding to me, not least because it gives me the chance to spend time with some of the most awesome families (and some of the cutest kids!) in the Eugene/Springfield area.

eugene oregon baby and family photographer

If you’re interested in booking a session or have any questions, please contact me! I would love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.