Saturday, October 21, 2017

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Aiden is ONE!



I can’t believe another six months has gone by since I had little Aiden in front of my camera! He is getting to be such a big boy but is still every bit as cute as I remembered him. I had a great time photographing him during this one year mini session. I know you won’t be able to have quite as much fun viewing the photos as I did taking them, since you won’t have Aiden there in person with you, but I’m sure you will enjoy them.

eugene oregon baby photographer


We did this session at Dorris Ranch, which is a location I use quite frequently, but usually for family or maternity sessions. I generally hold newborn and baby and child photography sessions in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon, as it tends to be easier to do props and decorations on a set rather than in the great outdoors, and it doesn’t hurt to limit baby’s roaming room a little, especially when they’re at that age when they’ve figured out crawling and are experimenting with pulling themselves up with whatever is handy and taking a few tentative steps on their own. Still, an outdoor photography session is always an option, and I thought it was really fun to try something different. Fortunately, even though it was nearing the end of September when we did this session—always a somewhat risky time of year here in Eugene, since you’re equally likely to get sunshine or pouring rain—the weather cooperated beautifully. It was just a touch overcast, but the sun still managed to peek through the cloud cover to take a look at Aiden and give us some natural light for our session.

eugene oregon baby photographer

Since it is more work to transport props and such to a location other than the studio, we kept it very simple: just a wooden crate and some painted letters to record that big one year mark. Aiden was very curious about the letters and had fun playing with them. Maybe we have an early reader on our hands! Keeping props to a minimum actually worked out great for this baby photography session, partly because the great outdoors generally comes equipped with its own props and sets, and partly because this was a mini session, so we were only doing a handful of photographs. Fewer props and dramatic differences in the photographs helps to keep everything cohesive in a mini photography session, and makes it easy to put together a collage like the one I did for Aiden. 

This handsome little guy is such a ham! I was giggling during the entire baby photography session because he was just so irresistibly cute and funny. I wished I could take him home with me! There’s no entertainment that comes even close to a baby’s antics. I’m so glad I got the chance to photograph Aiden, just for all the laughs and smiles he gave me. He is such a happy baby, and he made me happy just being around him!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top