Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Fresh 48 with Kellyn and Quinn!



I did Betty Lou’s maternity session in November of last year and have been looking forward to the arrival of their twins ever since. Well, guess what? They’re finally here! I was so excited when I heard that they were really and truly on their way, and I’ve had a great time getting their photos all edited and prepped for the blog. I hope you enjoy them!

eugene oregon newborn photographer


Babies Kellyn (a boy) and Quinn (a girl) arrived near the end of January and I got to meet them the very next day. Shawn and Betty Lou had scheduled a Fresh 48 session for their new little ones—a unique type of session I offer for parents who would like to capture the brand newness of their baby (or babies!) during the first 48 hours after birth. It’s a different type of newborn photography session in that I meet the family at the hospital rather than in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon. Kellyn and Quinn were born at RiverBend, nice and close for me as a Eugene, Oregon photographer, and actually a really nice, newer facility with big windows and a lot more natural light than you sometimes see in hospital rooms, which was great for me!

Fresh 48 sessions are always an exciting challenge for me as a newborn photographer, because hospitals are designed to be functional, not photogenic. A great way to mask some of those distracting features in the background of a hospital room is to shoot in black-and-white, which is what I did this time around. When I’m in the studio I have the luxury of staging everything just the way I want it, and making sure things are color-coordinated and work well together, but a maternity ward is a completely different environment! I think Fresh 48’s are a wonderful type of session though, because they’re so real. They truly capture both the reality and the magic of those first few hours after birth, when everyone is still adjusting to the momentous change that’s just happened. I love being able to photograph that brief but amazing time. 

eugene oregon newborn photographer

Kellyn was much bigger than Quinn—apparently a bit of a food hog in the womb!—and super sleepy. Quinn was obviously trying to make up for lost time and take advantage of her brother’s drowsiness, because all she wanted was for Betty Lou to nurse her constantly! She loved nursing and being held, and really didn’t want any of that interrupted for photographs, but I still managed to get some cute shots of Kellyn and Quinn together, being held by mom and dad, and meeting their big sister, Josie.
  
It was such a treat to meet these two little ones so soon after their birth, and I am already looking forward to the other sessions I have scheduled with them. I get to do a newborn photography session with them and then milestone sessions every 3 months through their first year. It’s going to be so much fun to watch them grow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.