Friday, June 15, 2018

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Lucas is ONE!


This was my first baby photography session with Lucas. He is one of the cutest one-year-olds I’ve ever met with his blond hair, big blue eyes, and sweet, sweet smile! His mom, Kate, brought him in for some birthday cake smash photography as well as just some fun general pictures to celebrate him turning one. It was a wonderful session and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the pictures.

eugene oregon baby photographer


Lucas was a friendly little fella who wasn’t shy with me at all. Lots of babies this age are a bit unsure about all the sticky sweet stuff, the new environment of my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon, and a total stranger who keeps clicking away with her camera, but even though this was our first meeting, Lucas seemed totally fine with it all. He is just a happy, easygoing little guy who is full of smiles and seemed to enjoy every minute of our time together. I did too!

eugene oregon baby photographer

We went with gray and blue for our color scheme, which I think worked great with Lucas’s fair hair and sparkling blue eyes. He did a pretty good job of making a mess of his cake, and enjoyed finger painting with the frosting on the floor. He also had fun squishing it between his fingers and toes, smearing it on his jeans, and wiping it all over his face from nose to chin. I guess he knows he looks great in blue! (I kind of can’t get over the suspender and bow tie thing he’s got going on too. I mean is that cute, or what?)

eugene oregon baby photographer

Lucas didn’t even mind being in the hot air balloon with the aviator hat. That tends to be hit or miss with kids this age, and I just have to see how it goes each time. Not all of them like a strange something on their head unless they’re the one who put it there, and a lot of them are less than thrilled with being stuck in a basket. They want to explore, and they don’t like a barrier between them and crawling back to mom if they decide they need a cuddle. No problem here though. Lucas just smiled and struck poses for me the whole time like a real little trooper. I wish all my baby photography sessions were this easy!

eugene oregon baby photographer

This sweet boy clearly adores his mom, and I loved the photos we were able to get of the two of them together. I think it’s pretty obvious where Lucas gets his great smile from! It was so fun to watch them interact and be silly with each other. I’m so glad Kate looked me up and chose me as her Eugene, Oregon photographer. It was a pleasure to meet her and her son, and they were both an absolute delight to work with. I would love to see them again at some point, but in the meantime I’ll wish a very happy birthday to Lucas and hope he has a wonderful year!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top