Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Braylon is ONE!


Braylon is getting to be such a big boy—one year old already! You may remember him from when I did his newborn session last year (he was the baby with the most amazing hair!) His hair is still super soft and thick, but it’s calmed down a little as it’s gotten longer. Yes, I am a little disappointed that he’s not still rocking the ‘fro, but I’ll get over it. He is still such a cutie and I loved being able to welcome him back to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon to celebrate this milestone with him! 

eugene oregon baby photographer


Braylon was having a lumberjack themed birthday party (so cute and creative—I don’t think that’s a theme I’ve seen before), and his amazingly creative mama made the most adorable props and outfit for him. Little chunks of log, plaid painted ONE blocks, and even a banner. I love that she brought them to the studio so we could work them into this baby photography session! Those plaid leg warmers in combination with the onesie just kill me!

Even though his mom had gone to so much work to make everything perfect, Braylon was not in the mood to have his picture taken that day. It’s a pretty common issue with kids this age. I would estimate that about fifty percent of the one-year baby photography sessions I do are with kiddos that are not super happy to be in front of the camera. Oh, well. The upside is that I have lots of experience with making do, no matter what kind of a mood my subject is in. My bag of tricks for cranky little ones includes singing songs, playing with novel new toys, reading stories, and eating snacks. Pretty much whatever it takes! There’s almost always something in there that will distract them or coax them into smiling. For Braylon, it was the snacks! His mom (with an excellent demonstration of foresight) had packed some puff snacks for him and those made him pretty happy, to the point where we were actually able to get some great smiley shots of him. You’d never know from the photos that he wasn’t thrilled to be there. 

eugene oregon baby photographer

As a Eugene, Oregon photographer I always love having repeat visits from my clients, especially my littlest ones. It’s so fun for me to see how much they grow and change. That first year in particular is such a huge one because kiddos develop so quickly during it. One minute they’re tiny babies in swaddling blankets, and the next they’re sitting up all by themselves and figuring out how to bargain with puff snacks! Where does the time go, right? It was a pleasure to have Braylon and his mama in the studio and I was delighted to be their baby photographer and to have such a handsome little man to take pictures of. Who knows? Maybe I’ll get to see him again next year and see what a big strong lumberjack he’s gotten to be!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top