Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey


Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog  for his pictures!

eugene oregon maternity photographer


For this milk bath maternity session, Kelsey wanted blush pinks, whites, and greens. While I always try to accommodate my clients when it comes to prop selection, with fresh flowers I’m limited to what the florist has available. With this being fall, the flower shop was a little short on light pinks, (deeper colors tend to be more popular in fall, so that’s what the florists try to stock) but I used what they had. They were able to provide me with some pale pink and coral roses and I think the pictures turned out beautifully!

I don’t think there’s a color scheme you can go wrong with for a milk bath session. Although I’ve only done a handful of them, they have each been so different and absolutely lovely in their own way. Some expectant mothers like a bold contrast to the soft white of the milk bath, and combine it with dramatic blacks, reds, and purples. Some choose a bright and cheerful rainbow of colors. And others, like Kelsey, prefer a gentle, muted look, with quiet neutrals and pastels. Being a Eugene, Oregon photographer has taught me a lot about the variety that can be used in photography. Its flexibility as an art form never ceases to delight and amaze me! Just one more reason for me to love my job!

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Kelsey wore her own gown for this maternity photography session. Hers was pale pink, and I recognized it immediately because I have a couple of versions of the same dress in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon, only mine are black and white. They do say that great minds think alike—and I think Kelsey has excellent taste! I’ve used both of mine in milk bath photography and have been impressed by how well they work. The color of Kelsey’s lacy gown was so pretty and went perfectly with the flowers. I loved the extra little pop of color it brought to the session. 

I’m so happy that Kelsey asked me to be her maternity photographer—and the newborn photographer for her little one. She is a beautiful lady and it was a pleasure to do this session for her. It’s such an exciting time when you’re expecting a baby, and I’m glad she chose to have me capture that special stage in her life. Photography brings me such joy, and I love to share that joy with others by using the skills I’ve developed to record their precious memories. Photographs are a tangible way to preserve and share the moments and memories that make up a life—and they’re always worth the investment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.