Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon children's photographer: 4-year milestone with Jayden!


Samantha brought Jayden into the studio last month for his annual birthday photos! I have been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this little guy ever since he was born. I photographed him in several sessions during his first year of life, and then annually around his birthday each year. It’s always a pleasure to see him each spring and catch up on that latest news with him and his mom. Doing Jayden’s birthday photographs every year is a reminder of how fast time flies by, but it’s a reminder I look forward to because it’s so much fun to watch him grow!

eugene oregon child photographer


Samantha always has such great style ideas for Jayden’s baby and child photography sessions. Although planning a setup myself is fun, I enjoy when parents give me ideas of what they’d like. It almost always turns out fantastic, and it gives me new ideas I can use when planning future sessions—plus I love the creative challenge of trying something new. In the past we’ve run the gamut with Jayden’s pictures—everything from bow ties to motorcycles—and it always turns out so cute! This time she got a black sequined blazer for him to wear, along with a red tie and button-up shirt. Doesn’t he look sharp?

We used the same dark wood backdrop this time around that we used for Jayden’s three-year-old pictures last year, and incorporated my wooden airplane prop as well. We’ve included that prop in every one of his annual milestone photography sessions, and I love the sense of continuity it gives. It also allows you to see just how big Jayden has gotten when you see him next to that plane as a four-year-old and compare it to when he was younger!

eugene oregon child photographer

Jayden was a total ham, as usual. Even when he was a baby he was always smiling, happy, and ready to show off for the camera. Some things never change! He was great about posing for me, whether with his mom or by himself. He really is a natural. I guess he knows the camera loves him! As a professional children’s photographer I love when I get a kiddo who is really confident about being photographed, and Jayden definitely fits the bill. This handsome young man smiled, laughed, and even demonstrated what a big boy he’s becoming by showing off his muscles for me!

I love that I get to see Jayden and Samantha every year and create these special memories with them. We had so much fun getting together this year—as I knew we would. The relationship I develop with my regular clients is so special to me. I love what I do as a photographer, and makes it even better that I get to photograph such wonderful people. Whenever they book a session I look forward to having them in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon, and designing another special session just for them. Can’t wait to see Jayden again when he’s five! Now that is a big milestone!

eugene oregon child photographer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.