Skip to main content

Eugene Springfield Event Photographer: Raelee in ONE-derland, 1st Birthday party

Raelee turned ONE on July 2nd, but with the Fourth of July holiday in there, we waited until this past weekend to have her party.  I decided on an Alice in Wonderland theme a while ago and loved the play on words for "Raelee in ONE-derland" and with the help of Pinterest and some creative thought, I put this party together.  Of course with help from my husband, a good friend, my dad and my stepmom :)  I am part of our local MOMs Club and every year we have a family picnic.  Last year our President chose the picnic shelters in Lively Park behind SPLASH! in Springfield.  I saw them and fell in love!  Well, as much as you can fall in love with picnic shelters :)  They are super tall with lovely curves and lines.  They are CLEAN!  Which is rare for a picnic shelter at a public park.  There are huge gas grills, hot plates, sinks with running hot/cold water, power, tons of nice picnic tables, high tables for food and a very nice park.  

When setting up a crazy thunder, lighting, wind and rain storm kicked up!  My backdrop for my photo booth was about to fly away and some of the stuff on the tables did!  And then it died down and out came the sun!  It was pretty wild :)  But glad it was nice for the actual party.

Enjoy!


Fun water bottle labels by Scraps to Remember (digital download)

Love these simple cupcake toppers by naissance on Etsy 
Paper straws from Target :)  Iced tea and lemonade 






I knew there wasn't many places to hang banners at the picnic shelter, so I made a board with Raelee's monthly pictures instead. 

Favor tags by Scraps to Remember.  Favor bags and Seed Paper teapots inside by Plantables & Paper.

I made her smash cake--first attempt with fondant/gumpaste.  I couldn't get the spout and handle right, so I ended up just making  them out of cardboard :)

Banner by Scraps to Remember 

Centerpiece paper decoration and confetti by  Scraps to Remember.  I bought the teapots at Target (though I think they are watering cans) and bought the flowers at the Dollar Store and added googly eyes from the craft store. 




Arrow signs by  Scraps to Remember 
Backdrop by Butterfly Backdrops.  Photo booth props by  Scraps to Remember.

She loved her cake :) 
Bought a few large beach balls from Amazon.com for the kids to play with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.