Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Jennifer



With Mother’s Day coming up I think it’s the perfect time to share photographs from my most recent maternity shoot with you!

I met Jennifer and her husband, Adam, last month for this maternity photography session at Fern Ridge Lake. For those unfamiliar with the area, Fern Ridge is a local reservoir that is a popular spot for sailing, water skiing, and other water sports—who knew it could also make such a great backdrop for photography?

eugene oregon maternity photographer


Jennifer, our gorgeous mother-to-be, brought her own maternity gown for the session, and I absolutely fell in love with it! The teal color is so deep and vibrant—a true jewel tone. It’s both bright and elegant, and stands out in beautiful contrast against the greens, browns, and grays of the area around the lake, but it also brings out the blue of the hills in the background and gives these maternity photographs a feeling of cohesiveness and flow that is really wonderful. I also think the teal is the perfect choice for Jennifer’s skin tone. She looks absolutely stunning in it, and after seeing how well it worked for this session I think I need one for my photography studio!

Jennifer and Adam are new to the Eugene area, and so far they like it! I’m so glad they’re starting their family here and hope they will be super happy. Sure, it can get a little damp sometimes, but that’s the price you pay for lovely lakes and lush greenery, right? It really is a beautiful spot. Given the time of year and Oregon’s well-earned reputation for rain though, we actually lucked out (a lot) with the weather. You never quite know what you’re going to get around here, but it turned out to be a gorgeous evening. I think even the slightly overcast sky helped us out in creating a very soothing, muted background that gives Jennifer pride of place in every shot.
eugene oregon maternity photographer

This is such an exciting time of life for a couple, and a truly amazing and tender time for the mom-to-be in particular. I love that as a maternity photographer I get to interact with women at this beautiful, and yes, even sexy, stage. Pregnancy sometimes feels long, (believe me, I know!) but it really is such a brief period of time, so it’s wonderful to capture that special stage of a woman’s life and everything associated with it.

Jennifer and Adam are a great couple and I really enjoyed meeting them and getting to know them a little bit through this maternity photography session. Jennifer actually had their little boy a month earlier than expected and I was recently able to welcome him to my studio for some newborn photography! I'll be sharing his pictures soon, so keep an eye out!

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures of this beautiful woman at such an exciting and joyful time! I am so happy for Jennifer and Adam and wish them and their new little one all the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.