Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Alex



I was excited to do another milk bath maternity session a few weeks ago! I do lots of maternity photography on a regular basis, but this is only the second milk bath session I’ve done. If you’re interested in something similar, definitely check out this post and then take a look at pictures from my first session here to get a better idea of what it’s like. I think this is such a beautiful form of photography. Although it’s still new to me, I’m enjoying working with this medium and experimenting with what works best, particularly with the lighting and editing processes. I’m glad Alex reached out to me about doing this type of session.

eugene oregon maternity photographer
 
We held this shoot just a few weeks before Alex was due to have her baby—who, I’m happy to say, has arrived. Little Agnes is happy, healthy, and doing great. And she’s so pretty! I had her in the studio just last week, and got some fantastic pictures, which I’ll work on getting up on the blog as soon as possible. 


I have yet to install a bathtub in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon, so we did this photography shoot in my master bath. Even though the surroundings for milk bath maternity sessions are so similar, I’m finding that using a different color palette and different types of flowers can make them unique and special. Alex requested pinks, corals, light purple, and a tiny splash of yellow for her flowers. She has great taste! This color combination was absolutely lovely, and shows that you can have amazing results without using particularly bright or vivid colors. While crimson against white is always stunning, lighter colors like these are equally beautiful and create a whole different mood. There is a very sweet, relaxed feel to Alex’s maternity photography shoot, without sacrificing an ounce of elegance.  

eugene oregon maternity photographer


Part of the reason I think I’m enjoying this type of photography so much is because it’s very flexible. The creamy white of the milk bath creates a totally neutral backdrop that you can do nearly anything with, and gives clients a chance to design a personal color and floral scheme that is unique to their own personalities and preferences. 

We used one of the maternity gowns I provide in my photography studio, which also happens to be the same one I used for my very first milk bath maternity session. The white lace pattern is just perfect for this type of session, and blends almost seamlessly with the water. 

Alex is a lovely person, inside and out. She has a beautiful, calming smile, and I’m frankly jealous of her long, curly tresses. I’ve already been able to see what a great mom she is, and she certainly made a great photography subject! I’m delighted that I got to be her maternity photographer, and equally delighted that I got to be the newborn photographer for her daughter as well. I can’t wait to share more photos with all of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.