Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Megan



I had a wonderful time doing this maternity photography session with Megan and Michael in preparation for the birth of their son, Boomer (who is expected mid-September.) This is an amazing couple who picked a lovely and somewhat unusual setting for their session. I’m delighted with the way our photographs turned out.

eugene oregon maternity photographer


Megan and Michael and I went to a beautiful area in the West Eugene wetlands last month—a spot that many people probably notice as they drive by, but would never think of using for a photography session. I’m so glad that these clients had such a creative vision and could see the potential of this spot. This was my first time shooting here, and I absolutely loved it! The purple flowers are short-lived, but spectacular while they last, and fortunately for us we got there at just the right time and were able to capture them in all their summer glory. The Queen Anne’s Lace was in full bloom as well. A common wildflower in many areas of the United States, its prosaic nature doesn’t make it any less pretty, especially when it’s in such proliferation. They made for a lovely setting. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Aside from its natural beauty, this wetlands area had the added benefit of being very quiet and secluded. It’s nice when you’re able to photograph in a place that’s so free of distractions. There weren’t any other people around: just the birds and insects, the knee-high, waving grass, and the lush foliage of trees in the background. We had this perfect patch of nature all to ourselves and also got to enjoy a beautiful sunset, which was an added bonus. Nobody can set up a photo shoot quite like Mother Nature, and it’s always fun for me to get out of the studio and see what she has to offer.  

eugene oregon newborn photographer


Megan and Michael look great together, and I love the cute denim dress Megan wore for her maternity photography session. Casual, chic, and summery, it was an excellent choice and went great with this warm and natural setting. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

I’m so glad Megan asked me to be her maternity photographer. It was a pleasure to meet this couple and get to know them a little at this special time of their lives. The anticipation of a new baby is always exciting, but the anticipation of Boomer’s birth is also accompanied by some very tender emotions, because Boomer will actually be their second baby. Their beautiful daughter, Paisley, was born sleeping about a year ago, so this pregnancy is very bittersweet for Megan and Michael. I’m familiar with those emotions myself, and I know from experience how poignant they can be, but I can also tell you that the sweet does outweigh the bitter. I’m so happy that this couple is expecting again, and I wish them every happiness with their new little one. They are strong together and I’m sure will be incredible parents. I hope I have the chance to meet Boomer when he arrives!

eugene oregon newborn photographer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.