Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Samantha



I did this maternity photography session in September with Samantha and Andrew, who are expecting their baby girl early this month. It was a beautiful evening and we got some great shots that I’m excited to share with you!

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Samantha and I know each other through the Junior League of Eugene (a local women’s organization devoted to improving the community and serving youth, women, and families.) We are both members of this great volunteer organization and so have worked together on community projects several times. I was so excited to hear that she was expecting, and absolutely thrilled when Samantha and Andrew asked me to document their journey of parenthood through photography. Not only was I able to do this maternity photography session with them, but I will also be doing their daughter’s newborn and one year photos as well. I can hardly wait! 


We held this session at Dorris Ranch. I’ve done several maternity sessions there before and it is one of my favorite spots to photograph. It’s a working ranch with several historical reconstructions that are a boon not only to the budding historian, but to anyone with a camera as well! The rustic buildings and fences on the property provide a great country feel, and the long meadow grass and straight lines of trees in the orchard make an amazing backdrop.

We were at the ranch near sunset, and I love the warm, yellow-gold light that fills these photographs. It really captures the feel, not just of the end of a summer day, but the end of summer itself as we usher in the cooler fall weather. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Samantha wore such a cute burgundy dress for her maternity photography session. I love that shade on her and love the pop of rich, berry-like color the dress lends to the glowing greens and golds of the location itself. What a lovely, autumnal color scheme!

It was wonderful to get to know Samantha and Andrew a little better through this session, and to spend some time with Samantha on a more personal level. It’s been fun to work with her through our common community interests, and we have a lot of the same values, so an opportunity to share my photography skills with her and her family in such a meaningful way was extra special. I am flattered that she and Andrew asked me to be their maternity photographer, and so glad that I will continue to see them and their little girl in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon

I look forward to more fun sessions in the studio and wish Samantha and Andrew well as they start their family together. They are going to be amazing parents, and I’m very excited that I’ll be able to meet their little one and watch her grow and see her personality blossom. It’s always a treat when I know that I’ll get to see a child in the studio multiple times and photograph the early stages of their life—each one unique and special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.