Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Swetha



I did this maternity photography session back in September for Swetha and Vivek. Their son Reyaansh came too, and we had a very nice session at the Zumwalt Park area of Fern Ridge. Zumwalt Park is a very scenic, peaceful spot, and popular with many of my maternity clients. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer



Swetha and Vivek’s son, Reyaansh, wasn’t a big fan of having his picture taken. He seemed a little nervous about the lady with the camera, and tried to avoid the lens no matter how much I tried to coax him. We did still manage to get a few photos with him in there and looking good, despite his anxiety about being photographed. He really is a cute little fella, and I wish I’d been able to get more pictures with him!

It’s always fun and somewhat symbolic to use water in maternity photography sessions, so we used the placid waters of the reservoir as the background in many of our photographs. September is sometimes too chilly around here to do much in the way of water shots, but fortunately for us we are enjoying the mild warmth of an Indian summer—Mother Nature’s compensation, perhaps, for delaying our nice weather so long this year. Did anyone else feel like winter lasted forever this year? Don’t get me wrong, I love the rain, but enough is enough, you know what I mean? And that ice storm we had! I’m definitely hoping for something a bit shorter and milder in the coming months—although I wouldn’t mind a dusting of snow on the valley floor for Christmas. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

Water seems to make everything prettier, but we were especially lucky on this occasion because there was a lovely, pastel-colored sunset on the evening we held our maternity photography session, and we managed to snag a few pictures with that lovely sky before it faded. Sunsets are so pretty!


Speaking of pretty, Swetha brought her own maternity gowns for the session and I loved the vivid colors! Bright colors are a beautiful part of Indian culture, and the yellow and orange were totally appropriate for a fall baby, as well as being bright enough to remind me of springtime and flowers. In fact, in her flowing, flame-colored dress and with her gorgeous dark hair, Swetha reminds me of one of the beautiful monarch butterflies that visit my yard in the spring and summer.

eugene oregon maternity photographer

In addition to the very elegant orange and yellow maternity gowns, Swetha also brought a more casual one with blue and purple flowers that worked great with the water and distant hills in the background.

I’m so glad Swetha asked me to be her maternity photographer. I had a great time photographing her and her wonderful family in this beautiful outdoor location. Sweet people, a lovely locale, nice weather, and the fun of working with bright new colors—what more could a photographer ask for? Swetha, Vivek, and Reyaansh were a pleasure to work with, and I hope they continue to be very happy together as their family grows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.