Saturday, December 23, 2017

Eugene, Oregon family photographer: Mike, Cassandra, Jackson, and Grace



I had so much fun last month photographing this sweet family! Mike, Cassandra, and their two adorable children, Jackson and Grace, came into my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon in November for a family photography session, and we had a great time.

eugene oregon family photographer

I’ve been a Eugene, Oregon photographer for some years now, and part of what I love about being established in business here is the opportunity I have to see and photograph so many familiar faces! I have been working with this family for a few years now, and they are a joy! I always love to have them in my studio. 


My last photo shoot with this family was when Grace was just a newborn—and what a cutie she was! If you missed her pictures, check them out here. I also photographed Jackson when he turned one. I still remember what a fun session that was as he tentatively explored his cake, played with stuffed animals, and showed off some of the cutest outfits! You can see from his baby photography session that he has had that signature smile since the beginning! He has always been such a happy guy, and he seems to be a great big brother to little Grace. He was great about holding her and posing with her during our session, and they look so cute together!

eugene oregon family photographer

These photos were partly for Christmas cards, and partly to celebrate Grace turning six months old. Grace was a little unsure about me and my camera, but Jackson (whom his parents have called Joyful Jackson ever since he was a baby) seemed completely comfortable and flashed me his bright, happy smile for every picture. I made sure to get individual shots of both of the kiddos, and then we focused on family pictures. 

eugene oregon family photographer

I love the yellow and burgundy color combination that this family went for. It’s flexible enough to work for both autumn and Christmas, and I love the brightness that the yellow lends to the deeper burgundies, blues, and browns. A lot of people tend to steer clear of yellow, but in the right shade it brings such a cheerful note to the session—and that’s exactly how it worked for these pictures. 

We used barely any props during this session. With the bold colors we didn’t want the photos to look too busy. Plus props are often best used in single portrait shots rather than group shots, to lend some texture and interest. With family photographs making up the majority of our session, and with multiple fun patterns in everyone’s outfits, there really wasn’t any need to spice things up with sets and props. 

eugene oregon family photographer

I feel so lucky to be the family photographer for these wonderful parents and kiddos. It’s always a pleasure to see them and I was delighted that they asked me to take photographs they could use for their Christmas cards this year, and to mark the passage of time as Jackson and Grace grow. I wish them and all of you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top