Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon child photographer: Harbor is Three!



Harbor is growing up so fast I can’t even believe it. Three years old already! And she’s one of the cutest three-year-olds around, too. As her aunt, it’s possible that I’m just a tad biased in her favor, but seriously. Look at those big brown eyes and sweet smile and tell me I’m wrong. 

eugene oregon baby and child photographer


Because Harbor is my niece, I’ve had tons of chances to photograph her, from the time she was a newborn up until now. If you want to check out her previous photography sessions, just click here. They’re well worth taking a look at, if I do say so myself. 

For this child photography session my youngest sister thought puddle jumping would be adorable. I loved the idea and so we both put our heads together and scouted out some locations that would be likely to have good puddles. Not surprisingly, given its name, we settled on the West Eugene Wetlands. I like to think of it as Eugene’s very own Hundred Acre Wood, and I’ve used it as the location for many photography shoots. It’s particularly pretty in late spring and early summer, when the wildflowers are in full swing. At this season though, the lichen-covered trees, brown leaves, and tall grass made the perfect background for Harbor’s milestone photography session—and, of course, there were plenty of puddles for splashing around in!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

I loved the puffy vest Harbor wore, and the rain boots and raincoat combo is so cute! Although it wasn’t raining, we had to include an umbrella, because, well, it’s puddle jumping! Anyway, as a Eugene, Oregon photographer I’ve learned that in this area of the world, an umbrella is a fashion accessory that will almost always come in handy! 

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

Normally around this time of year, we would need a lot more than a raincoat to keep warm and comfy, but Eugene has been having a remarkably mild winter. I don’t mind a bit! I have been thoroughly enjoying the midmorning sunshine, gentle night rain, and warm air. It certainly made Harbor’s outdoor photography session a lot easier and more pleasant for all of us. Harbor had a great time jumping in the puddles and throwing leaves up in the air!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

I love watching Harbor grow! She is quite the character: a spunky and silly little girl who loves to sing and dance and play dress-up. She’s already getting that three-year-old sass, too! Good luck, mom and dad! I’ve totally been there with my own daughters. It’s a joy to be so close to family, and I’m so grateful that my sister and I live near each other and that our girls get to grow up together and be friends as well as cousins. It’s so fun for me to be able to be the family photographer as well as auntie/sister to Harbor and her parents. I love being a baby and child photographer, and it’s extra special when I get to use my skills on behalf of people I know and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.