Saturday, April 14, 2018

Eugene, Oregon child photographer: Jayden is THREE!


Samantha brought her adorable son Jayden in to the studio last month for his three year milestone photography session. I started photographing Jayden as a newborn and again when he was six months old, and I have been doing yearly sessions with him around his birthday ever since. He is such a fun little guy, and I was so glad to see him and his mom in the studio again. One of the best things about being a Eugene, Oregon photographer is the opportunity to get to know local people and see them in the studio multiple times as their families grow. I love the sense of community it brings. It’s been great to see Jayden grow up over the past few years!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer


This time around his mom brought his motorcycle and a big 3-shaped balloon to use as props. Doesn’t he look so grownup and cool on his red bike? I love that he even has the jacket to go with. Since Samantha brought in his such fantastic props we kept props from the studio pretty simple: mostly just a couple of different chairs or stools for Jayden to sit on while he showed off his shiny new balloon and general cuteness. We also used my wooden airplane prop though, because we’ve used that in all of his baby photography sessions ever since he was a newborn, so it’s become a bit of a tradition. 

Although this was a full session, so we could have used several different backdrops, Samantha just wanted to use my dark wood backdrop. It kept things simple and really made Jayden’s red motorcycle and fair features stand out. I also loved that Mom’s red hair tied in so perfectly with Jayden’s motorcycle and jacket! She is very adventurous with her hair (way more so than I could ever be) but it always looks great on her! I think last year she had purple hair, and it looked amazing too.

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

Jayden was great for me during this baby and child photography session. He has always been an energetic guy—I remember even when he was a newborn we had some trouble photographing him because he wasn’t sleepy at all and we had to try several of our setups multiple times because he kept waking up and deciding he wanted to do something different! He still has loads of energy and had a great time being silly for me and my camera. I don’t know how mom keeps up with him, but he is sure a lot of fun! He is all boy, and very into his cars and motorcycles. He loves anything and everything that goes!

I never get tired of seeing Jayden, and loved this latest chance to have him in my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon. I can’t believe how time flies and how much I discover he’s grown and changed every time I see him! We had so much fun together during our session, as always, and I hope I’ll see him again next year!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top