Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Benji is ONE!


I loved meeting this family! Normally when I photograph younger kiddos I’ve already known them since they were newborns, but this was the first time I met Benji and his parents, Katie and Max. Katie works down the street from my studio and drives past my sign every day, so she decided to look me up for photos. I’m so glad she did! It’s always a pleasure to welcome new faces to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon

eugene oregon baby photographer



Benji was such a cutie, and I love love love that red hair! We did part of his baby photography session with a woodland theme, and his little orange fox outfit was perfect for both the backdrop and his hair! He had a great time playing in my wooden box and tree stump props and seemed right at home in his own personal forest. Makes me think of Christopher Robin!

With camping season coming up (I can’t wait until the weather is consistently warm and dry enough that we can set up a campsite without worrying about being washed away!), it seemed appropriate to include a Benji-sized tent, with a great big moon and stars to watch over him in his sleep. There wasn’t a lot of sleeping going on though, I can tell you! Benji was much more interested in exploring his campground than in taking any naps. He looks so cute in his pajamas!

eugene oregon baby photographer


A lot of toddlers can be a bit shy during a baby photography session, especially if they aren’t used to seeing me often. It can be a little weird for them to sit all by themselves, surrounded by strange new objects, and have a complete stranger trying to coax them into smiling for her funny black apparatus. Benji was completely unfazed by it though. Not shy at all, he was happy and giggly the whole time, and I got lots of smiles from him without even trying. He has the best toothy grin!

eugene oregon baby photographer


We also got some did some family photography during Benji’s one-year session. The pictures of Benji with his mom and dad turned out great, and we got some really fun shots, including that one in the middle of our collage, with Katie and Max swinging Benji out toward the camera for a closeup of that adorable face. This is obviously a very happy family that loves being together! We used a variety of blues for the outfits, which worked quite well with our neutral background, and I think the teal color suits Benji to perfection. 

eugene oregon baby photographer


Being a Eugene, Oregon photographer comes with lots of perks, not the least of which is that it’s so darned fun! I love meeting great families like this one, and I always have the best time with the little ones I photograph. Watching them figure things out and show off their unique personalities is something I never get tired of. I’m so glad Katie saw my sign and decided to look me up—it really was a delight to spend time with her family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.