Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Ona is ONE!


Ona and her family came all the way from Newport to see me again, and it was wonderful to have them in the studio. It’s great that they are willing to travel a ways to visit their Eugene, Oregon photographer, and I always love to see this adorable girl and her family. This is the third time Ona has been to see me in her first year, so I feel remarkably lucky to watch this little sweetheart grow up. This latest time was a one-year birthday cake smash photography session and it went really well. I am sure you will enjoy the pictures of her celebration!

eugene oregon baby photographer


Since Ona has seen me a couple of times already she warmed up to me and my camera pretty fast, but she wasn’t too sure about her cake at first. A lot of babies can be cautious about digging into such a big mound of sugar (something parents generally don’t introduce too much during the first year of a child’s life), and Ona was definitely wary of this colorful, icing-covered cylinder. Although it was a slow start, Mom and Dad used some puff snacks they had brought to win her over to the idea of cake, and Ona ended up making a glorious mess and having a great time, as you can see from her pictures. 

I love all the adorable expressions she gave me. And not just the facial expressions, but the body language! Ona may be destined for gymnastics, with all the hilarious contortions she made with herself. I don’t know if she was doing it for my benefit, or if she just wanted to make sure that every inch of her sweet little self got covered with frosting, right down to the bottoms of her feet, but either way it was a job well done. I’m so lucky to be a professional baby photographer and to be exposed to so much cuteness every day! These little ones make me laugh and are a bright spot in my life—and it’s great to be able to capture that fun stage for them and their families.

eugene oregon baby photographer

The little pink outfit Ona wore was perfect—all those ruffles gave some great texture to our baby photography session, and it was just the right color for the pastel shades we were using. Plus she just looked great in it. She is one of the most adorable little girls, and has the most beautiful smile. I think she kind of likes working the camera!

Welcoming Ona and her family back to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon was a fantastic experience. I am loving the chance to watch this baby girl grow up, and it just gets more fun each time I see her as she’s able to interact more and more in our sessions. She is a darling girl with a wonderful family, and I hope she had a great birthday! I enjoyed being a small part of it through this birthday photo session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.