Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon family photographer: Tamarra and family


I was so excited to do this family photography session for Tamarra! She is the matriarch of this beautiful family and I’ve met her several times when I was doing photo sessions for her daughters and their babies, but this was the first time Tamarra herself was actually in the photographs. She is a beautiful lady and always a pleasure to be around, so I was delighted when she asked me to do the honors for this session. This was the first time I had the pleasure of meeting Tamarra’s son, Nick, but I have been privileged to know her daughters for a while now. It was wonderful to have the whole family together in such a beautiful setting!

eugene oregon family photographer


I first met Alia and Vincent when they brought their eldest two daughters, Ella and Evie, to see me when Evie was about six months old. As you can see, quite a bit of time has passed since then! I’ve since done multiple family sessions for them, as well as a maternity and a newborn session when their youngest, Isla, came along. They are wonderful people, and my goodness, they sure do have gorgeous girls!

I’ve also been the photographer for Tamarra’s other daughter, Alexie, getting newborn photos of her sweet baby Thea when she first arrived, and also doing a mommy and me session with the two of them this past spring, which was a lot of fun. Thea is such a cute baby and gave me some great expressions this time around! (I also loved her cute dress.) 

eugene oregon family photographer

As a Eugene, Oregon photographer I’m lucky to have lots of amazing locations to choose from when scouting out the locale for a photo shoot. This time we used Mount Pisgah as our studio. It boasts meadow, forest, and water—and really, what more can you ask for in an outdoor setting? The weather was good—not too blazingly sunny, which was nice as it was during the first week of August so I didn’t know if we might get uncomfortably warm temperatures. 

I think part of the fun of family photography sessions is the wide variety of pictures you can get, even with just a few shots. We got individual pictures of each of Tamarra’s granddaughters (who all did such a great job for me), and then we mixed things up by getting pictures of different combinations of family members: everyone in the family, just Tamarra and her children, and just Alia and Alexie with their little ones. All the photos turned out great, and everybody was so coordinated with using complementary colors and patterns. 

I loved being the family photographer for this amazing group! I’ve had a great time in the past photographing Tamarra’s daughters and their families, but there’s just such a sense of connectedness when you have a multi-generational family shoot like this one. It was such a neat experience for me and I’m so glad I had the opportunity to capture this wonderful example of family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.