Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Maya is ONE!


I haven’t seen Maya since she was a newborn, so it was great to have her in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio again for her one year birthday photography session! We decided to do a cake smash to celebrate, and we had such a lot of fun together! Maya did an awesome job for me and the whole session went so smoothly. She is a real cutie, and my goodness, I can’t believe how fast she’s growing up!

eugene oregon baby photographer


Unicorns are a really popular theme for little girls right now and that’s what we decided to go with for Maya’s cake smash photography shoot. My baker, Shelley, from Sweet Peaks Cakery, made a custom unicorn cake especially for the occasion. She is amazing and does the most incredible cakes—I always use her when I order my cakes for photo sessions like this one, and she never disappoints. If you ever need a gorgeous dessert for a special occasion, Shelley is your gal! My clients love getting custom cakes like this one because it really makes the session memorable and unique to their little one. Although it’s a bit more expensive and so I have to charge extra if clients are going to choose something like this instead of the standard cake I supply as part of all my cake smash photography sessions, a lot of times people are happy to upgrade for the extra pizzazz it adds to their pictures. That was the case here, and it really did take our pictures to the next level!

Shelley’s pink and gold masterpiece, complete with ears, glittering unicorn horn, and perfect icing flowers, was a huge hit with Maya! She absolutely loved her cake—no problem at all with the sugar and stickiness—and was wreathed in smiles for me the whole time. I loved seeing how happy she was and even three weeks later I still get a kick out of looking at all the amazing faces she gave me! What a doll! She was such a gorgeous, sweet baby as a newborn, and her personality is blossoming as she grows.

eugene oregon baby photographer

We had to do pink and gold for our color scheme, of course, because--Hello? Unicorns! We went with a super cute floral background and pink, gold, and black balloons to tie it all together. Maya even wore a glittery gold dress to match her decorations. She looks so sophisticated, doesn’t she? Well…she would if she didn’t have frosting all over her face! 

It was great to see Maya again and to celebrate this important milestone in her life! As a Eugene, Oregon photographer I love capturing special moments like this. Births and birthdays, couples expecting their first baby and multi-generational families, they are all such exciting stages of life and it’s both a privilege and a pleasure to be involved with the journeys of so many people. I’m so glad I got to be a part of Maya’s special day, and I absolutely love the way our photos turned out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.