Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: One year cake smash with Liam!


Mom Kristen and big sister Brytnee brought Liam in to the studio in September for his one year cake smash photography session. I did this little guy’s six month baby pictures back in April and he’s already grown and changed so much since then. He was still just as cute and smiley as I remember him though! I remember that he did great at our last session and didn’t stop smiling from beginning to end. I was happy that he had the same great experience this time around! A lot of times babies and toddlers can be a bit uncertain in the studio, and I have to pull out my bag of baby photographer tricks to coax a smile out of them, but Liam was so happy the whole time. Just like last time, he smiled almost nonstop, was incredibly easygoing, and made it easy to get amazing pictures!

eugene oregon baby photographer


Liam’s birthday party was lumberjack themed, which seems to be a popular choice for little boys at the moment. I think it’s super cute! Loved his suspenders and boots—and doesn’t he look great in plaid? Mom brought a few props in that she was using for his birthday party, and I pulled in a few things from my prop room. The photos turned out adorable!

I’ve mentioned before that you never quite know how a kiddo this young is going to react to cake. Liam, true to his happy go lucky nature, had a fantastic time with it. He loved eating and smashing his cake, smearing frosting all over himself, and generally wreaking havoc—which is exactly what we’re looking for in a cake smash photography session! He did a very good job of demolishing his cake and it was so much fun to watch him. 

eugene oregon baby photographer

We also wanted to get some parent and sibling shots, so I had Kristen and Brytnee join in the fun before things got too messy and sticky with the cake smash! If my clients want any other type of photos included in their cake smash session I always make sure we get those pictures first. It’s amazing the places that frosting gets to! In this case we got some really nice shots, both individual and group, on the bed. Brytnee and Liam are so cute together! They brought their pretty dog, Venus, for pictures too, which was fun! She was really well-behaved and great with the kids. As a Eugene, Oregon photographer, I’m always happy to open my studio to family pets. They’re an important part of a kiddo’s growing up, and it’s wonderful to look back on photos that include the whole family—animal members too!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

It was so great to see this family in my studio again for this milestone photography session! They are so sweet together and such a good-looking group! And Liam’s smile is contagious—I love it! It was a pleasure to work with them again and I hope I’ll see them for many more sessions in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.