Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Fresh 48 with Harrison!


My younger sister Lea was induced on September 17th and I blocked out a few days in my schedule so I could travel up to Aberdeen, Washington to be with her and do Fresh 48 photos. Lea was almost 42 weeks pregnant with Harrison and she was definitely ready for him to arrive! I think we all were! I mentioned in Lea’s maternity photography post that this is my first nephew—I am mom to two beautiful daughters and aunt to three amazing nieces, all of whom I love to bits, but the first little boy in the family was pretty exciting! Labor was slow at first: I think Harrison was way too comfy in mama’s belly and not too anxious to face the world, but once things got going it was fast and furious! My little nephew was born at 4:14 a.m. on the morning of September 18th and we were all thrilled to welcome him to the world and to our family!

eugene oregon fresh 48 photographer


I’m so happy I was able to be with my sis that day and to be able to record some of the excitement, anticipation, and joy of Harrison’s arrival. It’s such a magical moment when baby is finally born and mom and dad get to hold the little one they’ve been looking forward to meeting for so long! I made sure to get photos of Lea and Nick holding their sweet son shortly after his birth. Lots of family members were there to support the two of them and to meet the new little man. It was a really special experience for all of us!

eugene oregon fresh 48 photographer

After the birth we were all in need of a rest—especially Lea! She was so brave and did an awesome job. I was so proud of her! We left the new little family at the hospital to be taken care of by the nurses and doctors, and tried to get a little shut-eye ourselves. We were all exhausted, but so excited! After a few hours sleep I came back to the hospital to do Harrison’s Fresh 48 photography session. He’s such a cutie and has lots of great, light brown hair just like his daddy. 

eugene oregon fresh 48 photographer

I loved being the newborn photographer for my nephew! Although I really wanted to hold the squishy little guy all day long, I managed to share him with everyone else, and got photos of Grandma and all the aunts, uncles, and cousins cuddling with him. He is so well loved by everyone and we’re all so happy he’s here! It was tough to say goodbye and drive back to Eugene, but I had Harrison’s newborn photography session to look forward to, so I knew I would see him again the studio soon! Lea and Nick actually drove down about two weeks ago and I had so much fun getting newborn photos and smothering little Harrison with even more love and kisses! Keep an eye out on the blog for his photos—they’ll be coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.