Skip to main content

Eugene Oregon baby photographer: Austin is ONE!


It was so great to have Josh, Dana, and Austin back in the studio for Austin’s one year baby photography session! Josh was our realtor when my husband and I were looking for a house, and I’ve been photographing his family since Austin was born. They are such great people, and I loved seeing all of them again. I couldn’t believe how much their little guy had grown since I saw him last.

eugene oregon baby cake smash photographer


Austin was not quite as excited about photos this time around as he had been at his six month session. I think it’s because he’s walking now—a very big accomplishment! When babies start to walk everything changes. They have this newfound independence and all of a sudden they can do so much more exploring on their own. It leads to lots of important things to do—no time to bother with silly things like taking pictures. Especially when the baby photographer is someone who wants them to go to a specific place and do specific things! I know, I know. I’m so annoying sometimes. 

eugene oregon baby photographer

Even though Austin really just wanted to do his own thing this time, we managed to convince him to strike a few poses and ended up getting some amazing photos! I loved his cute little button-up shirt and bow tie that he wore for the family portion of our milestone photography session. He’s also got the greatest smile! 

eugene oregon baby and family photographer

With his newly discovered independence and adventurous spirit, I thought my hot air balloon prop was an appropriate fit for Austin. We equipped him with a pilot helmet and goggles, which he was very good about wearing. When he was done with his exploration of the skies though, he let us know by trying to dive off the side of the basket!

eugene oregon baby photographer

I was interested to see how Austin would react to the cake smash photography part of our session. Not all kiddos are enthused by such a huge mound of sugar, but there was no need to worry in this case. Austin absolutely loved it! He had the best time destroying his one year birthday cake, and wasn’t shy at all about diving right in there. He got the whole lower half of his face covered in white frosting—looks almost like he’s really trying to grow up fast and get ready for his first shave! By the time he was done there was frosting all up his legs and arms, and some on his belly too. It was fun to watch him have such a great time!

eugene oregon cake smash photographer

I love being a Eugene, Oregon photographer and getting to spend time with these little ones, recording the big moments of their lives. No matter how easy, tricky, or somewhere-in-between the session is, I always have a wonderful time and feel so lucky to have a job that allows me to look forward to work every day. So glad I got to celebrate Austin’s first birthday with an awesome photo session and cake smash! Happy birthday, big guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.