Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby and child photographer: Aubree is ONE!


Erin, Joe, Brynlee, and Aubree came in to my Eugene, Oregon photography studio last month for some family photos as well as a cake smash session to celebrate Aubree turning one. It was wonderful to reconnect with this family. I did Aubree’s newborn pictures when she first arrived (can’t believe it’s been a year already), so it was fun to see how big she and big sister Brynlee have gotten. They are a couple of cuties, for sure!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer


We did our family pictures first, and decided to use a neutral color palette, with the girls’ blue outfits providing the main splash of color. Both of the girls were so smiley and awesome about posing for me. I remember when they came for Aubree’s newborn photos last year Brynlee was so excited about having a little sister. She absolutely loved holding her, stroking her hair, and giving her kisses. It was fun to see that they are still close and have such a great time together.

eugene oregon family photographer

We followed up the family photography portion of our session with some one year milestone pictures of Miss Aubree, using a couple of simple props and a bright floral background. She gave me some really cute expressions, and seemed to enjoy climbing over and exploring our setup.

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

The messy cake smash photography part was saved for last. I love the setup we used! Erin wanted to do a floral theme with an emphasis on roses. (Aubree’s middle name is Rose, so the theme was perfect). Mom sent me some inspiration photos to give me an idea of what she was looking for, so I used those as a starting point and then put my own spin on it. It turned out so pretty! Even with the fairly muted colors we were able to achieve a celebratory feel with our garland of greenery and lots of blooms. My mini wheelbarrow prop and wooden box and ONE sign gave it a country cottage feel that is just adorable.

eugene oregon cake smash photographer

As a baby and child photographer I’ve found that cake smashes can be a little overstimulating for some kiddos. It’s a lot of sugar and stickiness, and it isn’t unusual for there to be some tears. Aubree had fun with it at first, but towards the end, when she had frosting all over her face and was sticky from head to toe, there was a bit of upset. We got plenty of great shots though, so when she was done we called it a day. Everybody did such a great job and I loved spending time with all of them!

Cake smashes are available at my studio as cake-smash only sessions or as add-ons to baby and child milestone photo sessions. I offer full (up to one hour) and mini (20 minute) sessions, so if you’re interested in a cake smash for your child, please contact me. I love my work as a Eugene, Oregon photographer and would be happy to plan the perfect milestone and/or cake smash session for your little one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.