Friday, May 3, 2019

Eugene, Oregon child and family photographer: Spring Mini Sessions


It’s that time of year again! The sun is out, the flowers are in bloom, and the promise of summer is just around the corner. Last month I held my spring mini sessions and was joined by eleven wonderful families, with kiddos of all ages. It was wonderful to be with so many people I’ve come to know over the years through my work as a Eugene, Oregon family photographer. Everything went so smoothly from start to finish and our pictures turned out beautifully. I’m excited to share them with you and hope they bring some spring sunshine to your day!

eugene oregon child photographer


Deciding on a location for my annual spring mini photography sessions is always a fun challenge. The year before last the Johnsons (Katie and Caleb) were kind enough to allow me to use their greenhouses at Johnson Brothers Garden Market only a short drive from my studio. The location was beautiful and very popular with my clients, so this year I approached the Johnsons again to see if there was any possibility of an encore. They were happy to oblige, and I’m so grateful for their generosity! Katie and Caleb and their family joined us again for our session. It was great to see their daughter Elle again and to meet Lily this year as well!

eugene oregon family photographer

Last time we used the greenhouses as our photography locale, we were especially grateful for the protection they provided against the rain—and there was a lot of it! We ended up having bright, beautiful sunshine this time around, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry, right? Since greenhouses are perfect for diffusing light, they work for photography in any kind of weather. Despite the sunshine, the air was very chilly, so we were all happy to be in a comfortable, temperature-controlled setting and still be surrounded by so much natural beauty.

eugene oregon family photographer

I remembered the greenhouse flowers being stunning last time we were there, and they were absolutely gorgeous this year too. Lots of blues and purples, which were so pretty. I brought hardly any props from my studio—there just wasn’t a need with all the beautiful flora to provide backdrop and color. The length of the greenhouse also provided a great sense of depth.  

eugene oregon children's photographer


The day I hold my spring mini sessions is always very full and busy, and it takes a lot of planning, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Annual family portrait photographysessions like these have become a tradition for me, and I love reconnecting with so many of my clients and celebrating the changing seasons with them. It’s something I look forward to each year in the springtime and near Christmas.

eugene oregon child and family photographer

If you’re interested in joining me for one of these seasonal mini sessions, please note that I open them to current clients first, and slots fill up fast! My clients love these mini portrait photography sessions as much as I do, and it’s not uncommon for them to be completely sold out within hours. 

eugene oregon family photographer

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top