Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon baby and child photographer: 9-month milk bath milestone with Leon!


It was so great to see Kelsey and Leon in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio again a few weeks ago! I did Kelsey’s maternity session last year, as well as Fresh 48 and newborn photos for Leon when he arrived, and it’s been a pleasure to get to know this sweet family.

eugene oregon baby photographer


This was a 9-month milestone baby photography session, and Kelsey wanted a fun way to do the “9 months in, 9 months out” pictures. Since I did a milk bath maternity session for her when she was pregnant with Leon, we decided to echo that by doing some milk bath photography with both her and Leon in the bath together. This was my first non-maternity milk bath and I absolutely loved it! So much fun!

eugene oregon milk bath baby photography

Flowers are the usual addition for a milk bath photo shoot. They add the splash of color that livens up a primarily white setup. For her maternity pictures, Kelsey had chosen a muted blush pink and green color scheme that turned out beautifully. However, since this session was for a baby boy, we didn’t want anything too girly this time. Kelsey had the perfect solution—sunflowers! They were perfect for these milestone baby pictures: their large size and yellow, green, and brown colors meant that they didn’t look overly feminine, but they were still bright and cheerful. Great choice, Mom!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

Before the milk bath part of our session, we did some photos in the studio for a more traditional 9-month milestone look. We used blue as our main color, but my triangle backdrop also had yellow and green, which tied it in perfectly with the colors of the sunflowers in our milk bath. We got so many great pictures—some with both of them together and some with Leon solo.

eugene oregon baby milestone photography

I got some great smiles out of this little guy in the studio. He loves being with his mom, and enjoyed scooting around the sets on his hands and knees or using the props to support himself while he stood up. He wasn’t quite sure about the milk bath at first. (He seemed especially confused that there was all this stuff floating in the water!) But he warmed up to it since Kelsey was in there with him, and we did manage to catch a couple more smiles while he splashed around.

eugene oregon baby photographer

I’m really glad Kelsey asked about doing a milk bath for Leon’s baby photography session. As a Eugene, Oregon photographer I am always up for trying something new and adding to my repertoire. And I usually end up loving the results! Although I do lots of research on different photography methods, I often have my clients to thank for giving me the chance to try out those new techniques myself. It’s great when parents like Kelsey come to me with a unique idea or vision and ask me to help them bring it to life. Who knows? Maybe I’ll have to start adding baby milk baths as a regular thing in the studio!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.