Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Eugene Oregon baby and child photographer: Harrison is ONE!


I finally got my adorable nephew Harrison back in the studio for his one-year baby photography session! The last time he was in the studio was for his newborn pictures. Of course, I’ve been able to see him a few times in between too: we’ve done his milestone sessions on my visits up to Washington where Harrison lives with his dad and my sister. But it was super fun to be able to do some studio setups for my favorite little guy!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer


All three of my sisters were in Eugene a couple of weeks ago to celebrate my oldest sister’s fortieth birthday. Since we were in celebration mode it worked out perfectly to get one-year photos of Harrison on the same weekend. He had had his first birthday just a few days before, so the timing couldn’t have been much better.

While Harrison was still nice and tidy we tried a few different setups in the studio. One of my favorites for baby photography is a basic shot with kiddo sitting in a white chair I keep at the studio. It’s perfect for giving a little support to babies who aren’t quite sitting up on their own yet, and older toddlers love grabbing the edges of the seat and dangling their feet off the edge.

We also did a fall setup. The first day of autumn this year fell almost exactly in the middle between Harrison’s birthday and his one-year photo session, and I was super excited to try out some fall colors and props. The combination of rusty reds, burnt oranges, and golden yellows are gorgeous! Fall is a pretty short season in our neck of the woods (although we’ve gotten lucky with some nice sunny days this year), so as a Eugene, Oregon photographer I’ve learned to take advantage of all the beautiful colors as soon as I can. The early bird catches the worm, they say—and the late bird is likely to get rained on!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

We also did a classic cake smash photography setup for the last part of our session. We chose a nice dark background so our ONE sign, white cake, and Harrison’s cute little face would stand out really well. Not all little ones take to their cake immediately, but I wasn’t too worried about Harrison. He is a daredevil who loves to try new things—especially if they’re edible. I was right. Harrison loved digging into his cake with his mouth instead of his hands. I’m not sure if he didn’t want to get his little fingers sticky or if he felt that hands were an unnecessary middleman between him and deliciousness. Either way, he went for it face first and thoroughly enjoyed all that sugar! I think he enjoyed the demolition process too. 😊

eugene oregon cake smash photographer

I suppose it goes without saying that I loved having my nephew in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio, but I’m going to say it anyway. SO much fun! I love this little guy to bits. Happy birthday, Harrison!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top