Friday, October 18, 2019

Eugene, Oregon family photographer: Fall minis 2019


Fall is my busy time of year. I have my usual schedule of newborn, maternity, family, and milestone shoots, but it’s also the season when I do my fall minis and prep for Christmas and holiday mini sessions as well. The schedule definitely keeps me on my toes, but I love it and wouldn’t have it any other way!

eugene oregon family photographer


I did five evenings of fall mini photography sessions at Armitage Park this year. We got so lucky with the weather! As a Eugene, Oregon photographer I’ve gotten used to the rain that characterizes this area. Usually during fall minis I have to reschedule at least one night due to weather, but not this time! Mother Nature was on my side and we had beautiful, mild, sunny evenings every time. I was a little worried initially because September started off so wet this year. Fortunately our sessions were set up for late September and early October, and the sun had decided to put in a reappearance by then. Phew!

eugene oregon family portraits

eugene oregon family photographer

eugene oregon sibling portraits

I got to photograph thirteen beautiful families this time—all past clients, so it was fun to see all the familiar faces and reconnect with everyone. They’re all doing great and it was wonderful to see how these families have grown.

eugene oregon family photographer

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

eugene oregon family portraits

I like to get a variety of shots during these fall mini photo sessions. Lots of family portraits, of course, but also couples, siblings, and individual shots. Since these sessions are outdoors it’s also very easy to accommodate the furry members of the family as well! One family brought their dogs this year, which was super fun. I love dogs, and I’ve had families include them in shoots both in and out of the studio. It doesn’t get much better than a picture of kiddos cuddling their puppy, or a dog watching over a newborn protectively.

eugene oregon children's photographer

eugene oregon family photography

eugene oregon child portrait photographer

I generally hold three seasonal mini sessions: one in the spring, one in early fall, and a holiday-themed one in late fall. I’ve found that these mini family photography sessions are super popular! They always fill up really fast. All of my minis are perfect for updating photos for the album or around the home, and the fall photos in particular make great Christmas and holiday cards.

I loved seeing all of these amazing families again! These group minis are one of my favorite annual traditions and it was another successful and fun event this year. Looking forward to Christmas minis coming up on the second and third of next month! My Christmas minis without Santa are already sold out, but at the moment I do still have a couple of openings for pictures with Santa. Don’t know how long that will last, so be sure to jumpon it if you’re interested!

eugene oregon baby and child photographer

eugene oregon outdoor family photography

eugene oregon child photographer

If you weren’t able to get in on a group mini session, don’t worry! I also offer mini sessions at the studio that you can book individually. They are a great option if you’re looking for a package investment, since five digital images are included in the price. You can learn more about my all-inclusive mini photography sessions here.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top