Monday, November 4, 2019

Eugene, Oregon family photographer: Outdoor session with the Hemchers


Danielle and Jim booked a family photography session with me so they could get updated pictures of the whole family. Fall is a popular time to do these types of shoots since there’s still a decent chance of good weather and the autumn colors make a beautiful background. The timing also means that families have the option of using the photos from their session for holiday cards. Fall is definitely a busy season for me as a Eugene, Oregon photographer, but it’s the best kind of busy and I love it!

eugene oregon family photographer



Jim and Danielle wanted to do this session close to home, so they invited me to their beautiful property in the south hills. I love that area of Eugene and have done photo shoots around there before, but it was really fun to do an outdoor family photography session in this family’s very own backyard.

Their property is beautiful, with so many gorgeous trees in full fall regalia. And we really couldn’t have been more lucky with the weather: it was perfect! I have been loving the sunshine stretching through October and even on into November. Even though the mornings are very cold, the afternoons are so nice and the sunlight just makes me happy. Don’t know how long it will last but I’m enjoying it while it does!

Danielle and Jim’s two kiddos, Alex and Evelyn, were such sweeties. There’s a pretty big age gap between the two of them, and Alex has definitely settled into his role as big brother. He did a great job with his baby sister and clearly enjoys looking out for her and making sure she’s happy. We got some smiles out of Miss Evelyn too, who is so cute and chunky!

eugene oregon outdoor family photography

eugene oregon family photographer

Outdoor family sessions are the perfect opportunity to get some really natural, candid shots. That was especially true of this session since the family was on their own property, which made the whole thing very familiar and comfortable. My job as a family photographer is about capturing memories and recording moments, so I like to have fun during these photo sessions and just let things flow naturally.

I had a great time photographing this wonderful family, and I’m so glad they suggested doing this session on their property. It made for an extra memorable experience, and I think the familiar landscape will make it even more enjoyable for them to look back at these photos in future years.

eugene oregon family photographer

If you’re interested in a professional family photography session for your own family, please get in touch with me! I offer family sessions in outdoor locations throughout the Eugene/Springfield area as well as in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio. Take a look at my family photo gallery for examples of both types of sessions. I also offer maternity, newborn, and baby and child milestone sessions, so if there’s a particular member of the family you want to focus on, we can absolutely do that! I would love to work with you and hope to hear from you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top