Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Christina


Christina and KC came to my Eugene, Oregon photography studio last month for maternity photos. They are expecting their first little one and are super excited!

eugene oregon maternity photographer


We had originally planned to do this maternity session outdoors, but the weather was being tricky and we weren’t sure it would work out. We decided we would wait until pretty close to the last minute to see if we could still make an outdoor session happen. Nothing like a little suspense to make a maternity photo session truly memorable! I’d been keeping an eye on the weather forecast, and as our session date got closer I was pretty sure we’d be safe, but by that time Christina had warmed up to the idea of a studio session and requested we change to that instead. I’m so glad we did! Her maternity pictures turned out gorgeous and she and KC were so much fun to photograph.

eugene oregon maternity photographer

eugene oregon studio maternity photography

As a maternity photographer, I keep a selection of beautiful maternity gowns at the studio for expectant mamas to choose from. Christina selected a couple of white gowns as well as a magenta one that added a bold pop of brightness to our otherwise neutral color scheme.

While there are pros and cons to both outdoor and studio maternity photography sessions, one of my favorite things about being in the studio is how much I can play with lighting. Backlit photos are so striking, and especially well suited to maternity pictures. The silhouette of a gorgeous mama and her beautiful baby bump is a classic, and one that I never get tired of.

studio maternity photos eugene oregon

eugene oregon maternity photographs

Pregnancy is such an exciting time! In my work as a Eugene, Oregon photographer, I love being able to record different stages of life and capture beautiful memories for families. It gives meaning and purpose to my work, and I look forward to doing it every day. It was a delight to work with this wonderful couple as they prepare to welcome a new baby.

KC and Christina also asked me to do newborn photos for their family after the little one arrives. I can’t wait! Baby has a session date all set up in December, and I’m already looking forward to it. It was great to meet this couple, and I’m so excited to meet the new little member of their family in just a few weeks.

maternity photographer near me eugene/springfield oregon

Interested in booking a professional maternity photography session? I offer both outdoor and studio options for maternity sessions. (Another fun thing about studio sessions is that you can start in the studio and then finish with a milk bath for a small additional fee.) If you’re not sure which type you want, you can see examples of outdoor and studio sessions, as well as milk bath pictures, in my maternity photo gallery. If you have questions or are ready to book your session, please get in touch! I would love to help you record your pregnancy and all of the memories and emotions that come with it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.