Skip to main content

Eugene Oregon Family Photographer: Christmas Minis 2019


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! How are everyone’s preparations going? Shopping done, menus planned, list checked twice? Yeah, me neither. But that’s not to say that there hasn’t been some Christmas magic going on at my Eugene, Oregon photography studio! I did my annual Christmas minis in early November and it went so well! I’m super excited to show you a few of the photos from this latest holiday-themed family photography collection. Enjoy!

eugene oregon baby christmas photographer


Christmas minis are super popular and my sessions book up really fast. I typically have a waiting list for these family photography shoots, so this year I decided to add on an extra day to see if I could accommodate more of my clients. I think everyone who wanted a spot was able to get one, so it worked out perfectly! I was able to serve twenty-three wonderful families (including my own girls and adorable niece and nephew)—a new record.

eugene oregon children's photographer

eugene oregon child and family holiday photographer

Christmas minis have become one of my favorite traditions as a Eugene, Oregon photographer. I try to change things up every year so that repeat clients can have a new experience. A lot of people use their Christmas mini photos for holiday cards, so I like to do different setups to ensure that there’s plenty of variety from one year to the next. This time around I decided to splurge on a snow machine. Yes, it was spendy, but it was also amazing and I’m so glad I made the investment. I will definitely be using it again in future minis. It was a huge hit with the kids! They got all the fun of playing in soft white snow without any of the cold or wet that usually comes with it. What’s not to love?

eugene oregon child and family holiday photos

eugene oregon holiday photographer

I’m also very proud of my truck setup. I really wanted to do an outdoorsy setup in the back of a truck bed, but that’s kind of a challenge to accomplish in a studio. So I put my creativity to work and transformed my bed in the studio to look like the back of a truck. It took a fair bit of time and work, but I planned, executed, and built it all myself, and I think it turned out really well. Looks like people are actually sitting in a truck bed, doesn’t it?

eugene oregon children's photography

eugene oregon christmas studio photography

Of course, pictures with Santa are always a really popular option during my Christmas minis. Santa Major came for another visit to the studio and all the kiddos were so excited to see him! This makes year number four that I’ve been able to work with this Santa and he is awesome! He always does such an amazing job and the kids just adore him.

eugene oregon photographer pictures with santa

It feels good to have another successful year of beautiful Christmas mini sessions under my belt. We all had a fantastic time and it was so nice to see everyone again. Hope these photos have put you in the Christmas spirit—I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.